The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 25 Ch. 103 - Trash and the Hakuko

Group Leader
I can't follow what's happening.

Crazy Guy in the courtyard = former wise king = former staff vassal weapon wielder = current queen's husband?

Crazy Guy's younger sister was kidnapped by beastmen that drove Crazy Guy Crazy = Atla and Fohl's mother.

Making Crazy Guy Atla and Fohl's uncle (mom's brother).

So who were they talking about when they said "grandpa was a great man"? Grandpa as in Crazy Guy (uncle) and Mom's dad? Have we heard of this guy? Or grandpa from Dad (mom's beastmen rapist) side?
Their grandfather used to be the leader of Siltvelt, Trash who is their uncle killed their grandfather

Dex-chan lover

Crazy Guy in the courtyard = former wise king = former staff vassal weapon wielder = current queen's husband?

Crazy Guy's younger sister was kidnapped by beastmen that drove Crazy Guy Crazy = Atla and Fohl's mother.

So who were they talking about when they said "grandpa was a great man"? Grandpa as in Crazy Guy (uncle) and Mom's dad? Have we heard of this guy? Or grandpa from Dad (mom's beastmen rapist) side?

grandpa here is the White Tiger(Hakuoku) dad side the one that Trash killed, and yeah that Crazy Guy is current Queen(human) husband. well he currently get his just dessert and called by "Trash" so he didnt get executed

Oof. Their mom was a kidnapped victim that got assaulted and forced to give birth to little demon babies, eh.
I'm guessing Trash will want to kill them as revenge now? Even though its not their fault.
err more as far i remember no its just he dont know how to approach them, since in one side He still hate the Hakouko in another side Atla really close resemblance to his younger sister, there also the case Atla call him Oniisama made him even unsure what his feeling to his cousin, well before he sort his feeling Atla end up dead in Phoenixe arc
Oh that's a twist I didn't expect. I just hop it won't redeem the ex-king too much, he doesn't deserve it. Thanks for the translation !

eeh more or less he back being wise king after experience massive loss in few next arc, at last as human being he become better than what he is now

Last edited by a moderator:
Group Leader
grandpa here is the White Tiger(Hakuoku) dad side the one that Trash killed, and yeah that Crazy Guy is current Queen(human) husband. well he currently get his just dessert and called by "Trash" so he didnt get executed

err more as far i remember no its just he dont know how to approach them, since in one side He still hate the Hakouko in another side Atla really close resemblance to his younger sister, there also the case Atla call him Oniisama made him even unsure what his feeling to his cousin, well before he sort his feeling Atla end up dead in Phoenixe arc

eeh more or less he back being wise king after experience massive loss in few next arc, at last as human being he become better than what he is now
Bro started explaining and then started dropping BIIIIIIG spoilers for absolutely not reason

Dex-chan lover
So there are seven vassal weapon heroes? What about this story's original four?
4 Cardinal hero is like anchor that held the world so its didnt break apart, that way Naofumi saying if the that clown girl aiming at him
as for 7 vassal weapon, theirs like invader force that used to invade other world in this world war game since cardinal hero supposed to not able move between world, in last arc naofumi is special since he given permission to move to other world to get back what original his world

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh that's a twist I didn't expect. I just hop it won't redeem the ex-king too much, he doesn't deserve it. Thanks for the translation !
It's more complex as you see, his sister was presumably abducted and the scene was looking like a bloodbath. They supposedly had an affair and whole thing was staged becouse they were at at war.

Trash was manipulated from nearly the get go, Bitch has poisoned her younger brother and that made him too involved in making her wishes too much at hand.

He is a mindbroken, manipulated and vastly misunderstood man.

If I understand correctly, "Grandpa" was the then leader of the "Fayon" family, father of the Hakuko who we suppose kidnapped, r*ped and made Crazy Guy's little sister bear their children (Atla and Fohl).
The rest of your interpretation is spot on.

Dex-chan lover
If I understand correctly, "Grandpa" was the then leader of the "Fayon" family, father of the Hakuko who we suppose kidnapped, r*ped and made Crazy Guy's little sister bear their children (Atla and Fohl).
The rest of your interpretation is spot on.
If he would indeed "raped" her, they wouldn't be living in enough of splendor to have a house with maids, staff and have enough of a household to pay off Alta's pricey medicines after Fohl sold it off after parents died.

Such children usually don't live long or be born at all...

Dex-chan lover
Word, also it would be sum up the reason why trash hate demi-human to point of allowing slavers in his kingdom
Trash hates demi-humans becouse of the war, what happened to his sister and becouse Bitch framed a demi-human hostage child/ambassador that was sent to ensure their kingdom good relations, by poisoning her younger brother that died in agony in Trash arms. He was the only son and a successor to the throne. I can imagine it may make a person a bit, irritated.

Dex-chan lover

grandpa was the Hakuko leader who waged war against the kingdom, as such he is praised as a great man for his conquests, afterwards trash went on to beat him in the war and became the hero of the staff, which made the son of the slain leader kidnap and rape his sister which led to Atla and Fohl's birth

Dex-chan lover
I feel bad for that other hero that wanted to live with them... someone please tell me she comes back and not as a bad guy and/or dead?

Dex-chan lover
Was this mentioned in the anime and I'm just forgetful, or did they completely fail to mention this fairly important bit of lore? Because good god that's a heavy lore dump out of nowhere.

Dex-chan lover
Trash hates demi-humans becouse of the war, what happened to his sister and becouse Bitch framed a demi-human hostage child/ambassador that was sent to ensure their kingdom good relations, by poisoning her younger brother that died in agony in Trash arms. He was the only son and a successor to the throne. I can imagine it may make a person a bit, irritated.
Can't have been the successor the Melromarc royal family is inherited by the female, it's explained by the queen at some point (in our case that makes Trash the consort)

on a Side note There should be
only 1
Holy and
vassals weapon per world
And Bitch is the reason Trash went mad in the first place, both of those are part of the overarching story that should be revealed in the future

Was this mentioned in the anime and I'm just forgetful, or did they completely fail to mention this fairly important bit of lore? Because good god that's a heavy lore dump out of nowhere.
It's strongly implied in the anime but not outright told during a conversation between the queen and trash in his bed chamber , I m guessing they wanted to keep it to make a flashback at some point

Fed-Kun's army
Huh wonder why this was skipped in the anime
Some info is given in the anime, but they only give like 0.01% of the info barely touching upon the subject.
Though I've yet to do so myself, just read the novel instead, whether you choose the web/ligh novel up to you, there'll be differences to the info given

Users who are viewing this thread