The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 26 Ch. 105 - The Day the Game Ended

Dex-chan lover
hBvDhoC.png

He's ready for some fun!
Well damn the guy has been through some shit huh.

Dex-chan lover
nah you are generally right, none of them took things as seriously as they should have, assuming no real consequences.
Even when things went wrong, up til that point, they always came out on top somehow or another. Heroes always win in the end. and then they didn't. and the consequences aren't going away this time. and they don't really know how to deal with that.

and since the world ran on RPG powers, it clearly ran on RPG logic too, so they were all dead-set in their assumptions. and those are starting to be proven wrong in ways they can't refute. Naofumi wasn't involved so they can't blame him at all like usual.

Ren was better than the other 2, his issues were more being extremely stubborn and not communicating rather than extremely stupid (Motoyasu) or extremely full of himself (Itsuki). His party actually liked him, which is why they stuck around despite his faults (Motoyasu and Itsuki's bailed against the turtle).

So Ren is taking this extremely hard and has no fucking clue how to cope with it since this overwhelming FAILURE went and smashed his worldview up til now.
Rough. That bit of his party actually liking him made the wipeout 200% more horrifying.

Dex-chan lover
can't he just killed the tree heroes, and summon a decent one?
they have serious issue with their personalities, they're not even learning from their mistakes.

Dex-chan lover
nah you are generally right, none of them took things as seriously as they should have, assuming no real consequences.
Even when things went wrong, up til that point, they always came out on top somehow or another. Heroes always win in the end. and then they didn't. and the consequences aren't going away this time. and they don't really know how to deal with that.

and since the world ran on RPG powers, it clearly ran on RPG logic too, so they were all dead-set in their assumptions. and those are starting to be proven wrong in ways they can't refute. Naofumi wasn't involved so they can't blame him at all like usual.

Ren was better than the other 2, his issues were more being extremely stubborn and not communicating rather than extremely stupid (Motoyasu) or extremely full of himself (Itsuki). His party actually liked him, which is why they stuck around despite his faults (Motoyasu and Itsuki's bailed against the turtle).

So Ren is taking this extremely hard and has no fucking clue how to cope with it since this overwhelming FAILURE went and smashed his worldview up til now.
You basically said what I wanted to, but better.
Thank you. (No sarcasm, if it reads that way, it's 1:46 AM here so my mind is not completely there/here...)

Dex-chan lover
"Going to break"? I'd say he's already broken. He's running away from reality as is, thoroughly convinced of his own invincibility.

Dex-chan lover
From the three heroes, Ren is kinda the one that seems like he can become better. I think the issue is he is the youngest and still think the world is a game. But he is quite good with his team mates although he is a loner. If from the beginning it’s just him and Motoyasu, I think it will be fine. The one I want to punch the most is Itsuki.

Edit: Sorry am stupid. I mean if only from the start it’s only Ren and Naofumi. I forgot his name when typing this comment lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I got a bit of a question when anyone's reading the rising of the shield hero do they usually hear the the voice of Billy Kametz as Naofumi cuz I do when I'm reading.

Is it me or did the art got so much worse and lazy since the anime 3rd season came out?? It's like, people already watched this on the anime, so they dont bother much right now. The art was so much beautiful and better than the anime. Now look at those color pages..

Dex-chan lover
...the captured bandits just said "I didnt do it lol" and it worked? Bro what is this writing

Dex-chan lover
Those waitress are dangerous, testing the true shield hero, whoever claiming they are
Honestly, it's a really good fucking test. Literally no one else can pass that test. So practically no one can claim to be the shield hero and prove it.

Thanks for the TL

Users who are viewing this thread