The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 23 Ch. 68 - The Southern Campaign VIII

Dex-chan lover
Every time she makes plans to be sent to the rear, she ends up on the frontline. If I were her, I would start making plans to become a frontline commander, then I would end up sitting on my ass in Berlun.

Dex-chan lover
Every time she makes plans to be sent to the rear, she ends up on the frontline. If I were her, I would start making plans to become a frontline commander, then I would end up sitting on my ass in Berlun.
If she makes plans impromptu, then that is a sign she has BAD FORESIGHT.

Dex-chan lover
Nice of them to reference that one guy who ate bad potatoes and got sent home, and implying its not common knowledge.

It adds a bit more to the mythos of the 203rd, and implies command kept a tight lip concerning it.
isn't this the first character in the series weird out by a child soldier?

Dex-chan lover
How the hell does a group of FLYING mages get pinned down by artillery? They should be flying and blowing up everything on the ground not sitting in a trench
I'll go on a limb and say the enemy has strong AA presence there as well, as per proper combined warfare doctrines, and so they've chosen the safer option of being pinned down by artillery on the ground rather than being blown out of the sky

Dex-chan lover
How the hell does a group of FLYING mages get pinned down by artillery? They should be flying and blowing up everything on the ground not sitting in a trench
Saturation bombardment thats why. Even an elite mage wont survive if they got hit by an artillery shell in midair. Theres enough artillery falling on them that the risk of having casualties by just taking off is too great.

They werent pin down when flying they were redeploying and were caught by artillery while still on the ground, when flying their only real threat is either other mages or enough anti air weaponry if they fly too low

Dex-chan lover

If I remember correctly, their doctrine is to use artillery guns or bomber planes to destroy enemy trenches and/or defensive positions first, followed by tanks and infantry, while flight mages like 203 wing are normally sent in for sweeping/observer hunting/base sniping, and so on. They are essentially low-altitude fighters with laser-like arms. And in this case, I believe our honorable flight mage and his companions were unfortunately hit by an artillery shell before they could take off. On the battlefield, anything can happen :boomer:

Dex-chan lover
never thought of it before but aren't they hot in those uniforms?

Users who are viewing this thread