The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 24 Ch. 72 - Scorched Autumn II

Dex-chan lover
This why the movie started. I really hope when the second season comes, it covers the Southern Campaign between the first season and movie.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't call this sniping, considering how long it's been. If people are rude (but not if they aren't rude about it) while claiming such, then it is a bit tribal (edit: though having read first page of this thread now, noone was rude about it yet at least). But I would say that this is one of the few titles where - despite the inconsistent&low frequency - there's at least some consistency, in that it comes eventually (almost like 1 chapter per month, except sometimes one chapter lagging a bit and basically becoming 2 per 2 months). So I do understand their sentiment.
Having trouble making sense of the excuse page at the end there but lol at reporting users for telling you off. That broken English doesn't bode well for the TL, I'll just wait for the usual group.
At times I were thinking "what happened to the quality? This series was usually spotless". I think that credits page explained things :p I still wouldn't call it bad though, so would argue that it's fine to read this version instead of waiting if you feel impatient.

And yeah, didn't see the prior thread so don't know exactly how they acted. But reporting just for being told off would just be petty. But on the other hand I interpreted what they said to mean as reporting people actually being toxic about it, though even then I dunno what business it [informing us that they reported ppl] has being in a credits page (tmi?). And did they say they reported the profiles? Not the actual comments? What?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
yes, in ESP we have a web where everything is uploaded in that language and it is the most popular, I have been working on the series in different scans until I created my own and gave it continuity.

which brings back to the why explicitly start from this chapter on a different language, with apparently 2 different group names (and possibly on 2 different accounts)

because the evidences so far doesn't paint you in a good light and your replies so far aren't helping much

which brings back to the why explicitly start from this chapter on a different language, with apparently 2 different group names (and possibly on 2 different accounts)

because the evidences so far doesn't paint you in a good light and your replies so far aren't helping much
1- because the last update of the previous scan took almost 2 months.

2- the two groups is simple, in the first upload we were told that it was a retranslation of the Spanish version of the scan, since we only uploaded with Legends Translation (we did not know that we could put together joint in MD, we are new here) and making it seem that the people in charge of the English version were from another group, when Legends and Reset were in joint charge of the Spanish and English version.

and if I respond alone to all the criticisms it is because my friend Danns, is a little more explosive xd

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
1- because the last update of the previous scan took almost 2 months.

You didn't bother to, y'know, check if they're still working on it instead of putting money into this seemingly your first English translation?
And still doesn't answer why this skip to exactly this latest chapter on MD.

making it seem that the people in charge of the English version were from another group, when Legends and Reset were in joint charge of the Spanish and English version.

You ARE 'another group' because the previous group working on this was Death Toll. You weren't doing English version before, at least not on MD, and now you did it with a few chapters behind paywall already.

Which, regardless of your intention, makes it seem like you're just doing this to try to get people to pay into your patreon.
So it's not surprising that people aren't happy about both the snipe and the paywall.

EDIT: Even when I turn the setting to show Spanish chapter, your first upload on MD, despite your claim of working on this for 2 years, was ch 75 3 months ago and seemingly sniping another group at the time.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is there a reason why Death Toll hasn't updated for two months? I mean, look at the Spanish translations. This is embarrassing.

It's always frustrating when non-English languages are like 10s of chapters far and the English ones are left behind. Why is the English scanlation scene such a mess everywhere? The quality's not even that different between languages.

Dex-chan lover

Not for nothing, but what does a ccnp have to do with translating?

You didn't bother to, y'know, check if they're still working on it instead of putting money into this seemingly your first English translation?
And still doesn't answer why this skip to exactly this latest chapter on MD.

You ARE 'another group' because the previous group working on this was Death Toll. You weren't doing English version before, at least not on MD, and now you did it with a few chapters behind paywall already.

Which, regardless of your intention, makes it seem like you're just doing this to try to get people to pay into your patreon.
So it's not surprising that people aren't happy about both the snipe and the paywall.

EDIT: Even when I turn the setting to show Spanish chapter, your first upload on MD, despite your claim of working on this for 2 years, was ch 75 3 months ago and seemingly sniping another group at the time.
1- of course I answered it bro, we published chapter 72 because the previous scan "Death Toll" has not been updated for more than 2 months.

2- I'm sorry if it looks like this, but it's more than all a support, we don't like to put a paywall, but it's needed to continue financing this project, when we have a small amount of money this "paywall" will decrease or it won't exist anymore.

3- this is the biggest Spanish manga website "https://visortmo.com/library/manga/16022/Youjo-Senki" if you go down to chapter 58 you can see the name "Reset no Fansub" which is my scan, in the Spanish version we don't have Patreon, we use is our website and there we have the mechanism of an advanced chapter compared to "Reset no Fansub".

if you have more questions you can keep asking me and I will answer you.

Dex-chan lover
1- of course I answered it bro, we published chapter 72 because the previous scan "Death Toll" has not been updated for more than 2 months.

and their previous release before that was 4 months, so 2 months gap isn't even something unusual for them
I'm not asking your logic, I'm asking why didn't you even contact the previous group to avoid stirring up sniping accusation (or spend money to get this EN translation)

I'm sorry if it looks like this, but it's more than all a support, we don't like to put a paywall, but it's needed to continue financing this project, when we have a small amount of money this "paywall" will decrease or it won't exist anymore.

Which is your own decision to put your foot into EN translation, and then make the decision to snipe.

this is the biggest Spanish manga website "https://visortmo.com/library/manga/16022/Youjo-Senki" if you go down to chapter 58 you can see the name "Reset no Fansub" which is my scan, in the Spanish version we don't have Patreon, we use is our website and there we have the mechanism of an advanced chapter compared to "Reset no Fansub".

My point is that from everything I've seen/find, you seem to basically be just sniping chapters on MD for attention on your 'real' site.
And people don't view that kindly.

and their previous release before that was 4 months, so 2 months gap isn't even something unusual for them
I'm not asking your logic, I'm asking why didn't you even contact the previous group to avoid stirring up sniping accusation (or spend money to get this EN translation)

Which is your own decision to put your foot into EN translation, and then make the decision to snipe.

My point is that from everything I've seen/find, you seem to basically be just sniping chapters on MD for attention on your 'real' site.
And people don't view that kindly.
1- Honestly, the idea of writing to "Death Toll" didn't cross my mind, but I don't consider it snipe to update a series that hasn't had a new chapter for 2 months.

2- If you think that my idea is to look for series to snipe, you are totally wrong, right there you have the proof that my scan is not like that, everyone believes what they want to believe.

Likewise, thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to try to explain myself and not throw hate just because.

Dex-chan lover
1- Honestly, the idea of writing to "Death Toll" didn't cross my mind, but I don't consider it snipe to update a series that hasn't had a new chapter for 2 months.
I don't care about your existing preconceptions, if you just spent a few seconds looking at Death Tolls upload history you would find out that a 2 month wait doesn't mean they've stopped working on it.
2- If you think that my idea is to look for series to snipe, you are totally wrong, right there you have the proof that my scan is not like that, everyone believes what they want to believe.
Of course you're never going to admit to being a sniper why would you? You'll just repeat the same shit over and over again.

Dex-chan lover
Not for nothing, but what does a ccnp have to do with translating?
Fair point lmao, I kinda just copied my email signature:boomer:
Totally forgot that I had the CCNP and CSWP on that :lul:

Is there a reason why Death Toll hasn't updated for two months? I mean, look at the Spanish translations. This is embarrassing.

It's always frustrating when non-English languages are like 10s of chapters far and the English ones are left behind. Why is the English scanlation scene such a mess everywhere? The quality's not even that different between languages.
according to the leader on discord, here ya go:
They're also recruiting for redrawers on this series, i'm told.
image.png

As for the translation, it's just correct, but it lacks something the other release has? Maybe it's a bit of playfulness by the translator to make it not sound as cut and dry, or maybe it's the vocabulary and choice of words. But it's a fact I didn't really get into the chapter while reading it despite not having noticed it's not from the usual group, it felt flat or something and wasn't catching my attention... maybe the chapter itself wasn't great, who knows, but that feels too much like a coincidence to me. Still only my opinion, so take it with a spoonfull of salt.

It lacks nuance. I felt the same way about this chapter as you did. I like reading Youjo Senki for its militaristic themes and Death Toll does a great job of translating these terms over without losing context.

There are also moments when you can tell that it's been put through another translation because each language will have its own set of grammar rules to follow. It's obvious when someone is using LANGUAGE A's rules for LANGUAGE B.

Users who are viewing this thread