Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - I Will Definitely Get My Engagement Annulled! ~I will become a V…

Dex-chan lover
@Ovnidemon making no effort to understand your fiances feelings and instead setting him up with a scheming woman because you want to recreate a romance novel you read all while imagining yourself as a hero for being so selfless, this is about the most egotistical thing i can think of.

@Meo she also could have talked to him, instead she assumed and pushed him away towards the actual villainess. how is the prince seeing through her irrelevant when its the only reason he wasn't hurt? if the girl in the first story had also seen through the prince and was teasing him no one would be complaining about it.

Meo

Dex-chan lover
@botodopo : I understand what you are saying and I agree, she should just talk to him. But she didn't really "push" him to do anything, he was free to do as he wanted...all she did was change the way she acted.

Maybe it's cause I read "Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku" (story #3 is like a rehash of it) I find her actions more forgivable than #1.

Contributor
Ok, this one is very good, probably my favorite.

Seeing her trying her hardest to get the bad ending but failing like that is fun.

Aggregator gang
Yesterday's was refreshingly new... and today's was absolutely adorable. I'm in love <3
Villainess week BANZAI!!

Double-page supporter
@botodopo the settings is just that she want to leave the prince to find true love but also want the prince to find it. I agree that it's a bit selfish but not that much. The real problem is the way she does it that is dumb (and she has a chubinyou syndrome in a certain way). So the fiancee is idiotic.
In the first story, the settings is to test the love of the other. Like someone said, you should never test trust (by love or by friendship), you would lose it. It's highly selfish, and the other gain nothing of it. (Okay, here she loosen a bit, but there is better way to do it)
I agree that the prince in this story could be hurt, but not by selfishness, more by idiocy. Though, given her character, if she found out there was a real problem, she would try to correct it. (Though, it's highly probable she would never find out, because of her naivety and idiocy)

So @botodopo while I get where you're coming from, there's a few points that a lot of people are seeing that make the situation different to them. First of all is intent, the in the 1st story the guy intended to hurt the woman he loved in order to change her behavior, in this story the girl genuinely believed the prince was indifferent and it was actually highlighted before she made her plan that she tried to understand him but couldn't and came to the assumption he was putting on a fake smile to go along with an engagement that he didn't want, so she was trying to give him the opportunity to be with someone he loved albeit she went through it in a big of a childish way prompted by her story. A second part of things deals with knowledge, in the first story the guy already knew that she loved him meaning that he knew his actions would actively harm her, while in this story as stated all her interactions with him had lead her to believe that he didn't care for her so she thought that while he'd be disgusted that it wouldn't emotionally hurt him something with the guy in the first story actively knew. Now, if we were talking about things from a more 'legal' standpoint and just observing the actions taken I can understand where you're coming from (as the actions the guy in the first story and the MC in this story took certainly are comparable even if not exactly the same), but the people in the comments section aren't looking to enforce a divorce or send people to jail or something so the emotional component that we're afforded as the audience of a story rather than a jury unable to see what people are thinking, is going to play greatly in how people respond to the stories emotionally.

Should the MC in this story have actually talked things out with the guy and worked out an agreement where they would work together to fake a reason to break off their engagement that would suit both of their families so that they could pursue actual love (which the Prince wouldn't have agreed to, but the MC believed that he didn't love her so that would have been a reasonable action for her to try to pursue)? Yes, but a lot of stories are born out of flawed characters making flawed decisions, the MC in this story is portrayed as a kind of 'high int low wis' character, where she is able to think things through logically but fumbles in the application (this is demonstrated for example by how she spent so much time trying to become the perfect vilalaness only to realize too late that she didn't know how to actually bully someone and had to think things up on the spot) and because of this it's not out of character for her to jump the gun and think that if the Prince is willing to annul their engagement because she bullied someone that he must truly love her and things would work out, I don't fault you for not liking the character but she is consistent as she is shown to be naive where it matters most. With the Prince in the first story though we know that he actively loved the MC, knew her feelings, wanted her to confess, and was aware of the emotional baggage in the way and wanted to help her get over that, so he... Acted in a way that he knew would hurt her in one of the worst ways possible to hope that when at her lowest she'd be able to step up to the challenge rather than crumble under the anxiety/pressure and be unable to speak at the time? In the first story, the guy knowing her feelings, knowing her baggage, loving her, wanting what he believes is best for her, and being smart enough to plan a convincing enough fake annulment that would convince at least the two people directly involved that it was real along with the patience to pretend to be someone else to pull it off is inconsistent as someone that smart and patient while that aware of the MC's true feelings and problems would have no reason to not talk it out with her making his character inconsistent.

Thanks for translating!

I have a good laugh on this one.
Short and quick but it’s just stupidly fun to read. I still liked the second one storywise.

Though I’m still waiting for the story of the cover image of the anthology. It’s really piquing my interest so much

Dex-chan lover
Only by the second readthrough did I realise the "heroine's" expression meant that both of their plans were about to be blown apart. Yeah, she made a booboo.

edit: Would help to add the page number: 18.

Aww I liked this one a lot!! Super cute, but then I'm weak for MLs like this one =)

Group Leader
@LuminousAzael sorry to disappoint, the cover image is merely a cover image, and does not depict any particular story within, merely a "VIllainess" style illustration (this would be the artist Maro credited in the artist's section first, but not associated with any of the actual oneshots)
...Though I agree, I want to know their story too u_u

Dex-chan lover
He almost sounds a tiny bit Yandere but I still think they're cute

Fed-Kun's army
pfffft hahaha this one was cute and amusing. kinda short, tho. was it shorter than the other ones? it seemed to be over so fast... probably bc it was entertaining lmao lmao nice job, prince!!! sophia with her book smart, street dumb self is very cute so i can see why leon fell for her lol. this one was great too, though the second one remains my fave i think!

thank you for the translation~ 😁

Dex-chan lover
got a few vibes from the first one but while the prince in that one was actively an asshole this dude was just playing along with the mc, this one also gave some sort of justification for the harsh treatment of the "heroine" instead of just having the prince throw her away.

also while the first attempted to play it straight as a happy romance ending this one was definitely played for comedy.

tldr princey from the first one was a lowkey manipulative bastard even if his intentions were good(?) while this guy was just having fun with his fiance's antics and getting his job done.
definitely liked this one more but i think chapter 2 still takes the cake, can't wait to see what the next ones have in store.

Users who are viewing this thread