Tonari no Furi-san ga Tonikaku Kowai - Vol. 3 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
@coldconut07 I get part of what you say: initially it was her to have the initiative, now that the MC begin to be interested to her, she stopped and seems that she don't care.
But why did she stop? She stop because there is already a routine for them to talk and being together. Why did she seems to don't care? Because she is awkward and she isn't easy to read. Why did the MC suffer? Because he lack of initiative.
What you call "treat the MC like shit" is "being friendly with someone that isn't the MC"
I don't see more that this.

@Akikako I was done with this chapters discussion but I actually took 3 minutes to search stuff for you and possibly others to understand why this is fluff bait and MC is getting hurt more than often.

-chapter 17 page 10 onwards. MC is defeated and contemplates not being as close to her as others. Acting towards him like a stranger while being fun and casual with everyone and being more outgoing and having fun with them. Misunderstanding ensues and MC is terrible until the last panel.

-chapter 20 page 11 onwards. Furi disregards MCs existence completely. Dude even says he is lonely while they are all together in a room. Ouch.

-chapter 21 page 14. Random cop she knows 1 day and is super casual and nice with him. But MC still stranger at this point.

-chapter 22 page 11 onwards. Furi is SUPER close and casual with otaku. MC comes and bam fun stops. MC even asks "will I ever get like that with Furi" on page 14.

Not saying this is anything about "other guys take her NTR hurr durr blabla" but the romantic undertone close relationships she has with everyone are uncomfortable. Moreso as she gets approached aggressively by most males in the manga.

That is legit 3minutes of skimming. There is much more in recent chapters and before. That is my point and it stands.
DISCLAIMER: SOME POINTS ARE JUST MADE IN RESPONSE TO THE WHOLE "OTHER DUDES" ARGUEMENT.

The dynamics just are off with her suddenly not wanting to actively integrate and care strongly about MC anymore after like chapter 15 onwards. This whole "this is to get MC to act" is forced. Their relationship couldve progressed just fine.

Dex-chan lover
@coldconut07 In all these example in no one she treats him like a stranger, she is awkward toward him because she is visibly embarrassed, and more she is embarrassed and more she is awkward toward the MC. That's the character. And the MC suffers for his fault (can't read her, being insecure, don't take the initiative, don't be happy that she make more friends,...).
However, I'm bored to over analyse a romcom too. We can stop.

Dex-chan lover
If he's like the boy who lives next door, that'd make her the "girl next door", which is always the best girl.

Dex-chan lover
H1KumVj.png

Contributor
@aleigh45 Don't bother, it's brain that sees ntr everytime female character interacts with someone other than her love interest.

Users who are viewing this thread