Tricks Dedicated to Witches

Aggregator gang
Now this is a step up, hell, a whole league above all the copy-paste isekai crap that seems to be leaking from every orifice.
Something that's actually good, story and art-wise that isn't just some mindless harem fanservice vending machine.

This manga is amazing, I'm always a big fan of magic tricks and loved the wizard of oz.

Am I the only worried that this group might spark devil worshippers on the future AHAHAHAHA. Very fun read, I've been binge reading to many isekai/romance/op stories,

This is really good, I love smart "battles" like these based on strategy and deception. Can't wait for more chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
A post where I don't nitpick, finally!

I agree, f-ing great read.

There it is, a chapter that a must have in isekai story. A chapter about "Japanese loves bath".

Group Leader
History books forgot to record how Makito-mania bewitched all of Europe!

tlTDW73.jpg

Dex-chan lover
This is alright, but there isn't enough of it. And why does it have a fantasy tag if it is supposed to be actual 16th century Europe?

...why is this rated 8? sure, the "theme" is alright but narratively is just as generic as shonen can get. I don't understand.

Well, this is Monthy Python level of comical (not in terms of quality though), just that it's not absurdist comedy. It's also not historical fiction, the setting is far too fantasy-Anime for that, with all of the tropey clichés we are accustomed to from pop-culture. Just by virtue of there being apparently "no magic" in that world, but the topic being magic, the author is going to have to include some interesting yet rather superficially integrated aspects of the historical "witch hunts" and time period in general, but it's evidently not about the history at all. I think it would have been better if this was a fantasy world, just without all the fantastical/magical elements. This way you wouldn't set up historical fiction, which you will miserably fail at.

Besides that, the art style is lackluster, the pacing too fast and the obvious harem set up already annoying af. Not that I like the MC especially either. Also, I cannot yet see in which direction the story is supposed to go. Either this will get old pretty fast, or it will just have to go off the rails completely.

EDIT [As of chapter 10]: This got off the rails pretty quickly and has already dropped all flimsy pretenses of being about the witch hunts or magic or whatever to become just another mediocre battle manga, but with gimmicks. It really doesn't look like this will go anywhere interesting.

Group Leader
> ReAcca Artist
> looks like isekai manga in the first chapter

No. That can’t be right. There’s definitely some dark shit happening. I won’t believe otherwise. This guy is a million percent sadist.

Edit: it’s the artist, not the author

Group Leader
@AwesomeGB Yeah, but that’s pretty tame compared to Real Account.

10 chapters in and there’s no exploding heads, no decapitation, and no mass genocide. THAT’S pretty surprising.

ReAcca Spoilers:
at least 838 people die either by exploding into a mass of blood or by being impaled by a tentacle and having their guts spill out in the first chapter
“At least” being the key phrase here, that number changes once you learn new things later in the story. And it doesn’t go down.

Users who are viewing this thread