TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Ch. 3.3

Dex-chan lover
ah, follow him closely so that you don't get eaten up by the enemies chasing him down.

Yelling at MC's face and telling them to save the heals for the commander alone is supposed to make sure that the MC doesn't again act on their own initiative and waste a heal.

there is function to all the commander's madness.
There is a function to his madness correctly summarizes his character perfectly. He definitely is mad, but he is acting with a purpose in his extreme behavior.

I am not sure whether you can attribute such "goodwill" to him, like he wants to keep his unit alive(even if it's the case, he might only do so because it is a hassle dealing with new recruits)

I think you are correct about yelling about heals so MC doesn't act on her own initiative being part of it, but I also think he genuinely wants the heals saved for him, because he thinks he is most important. When it was over and he didn't need a heal, he could spare one for his unit.

Dex-chan lover
There is a function to his madness correctly summarizes his character perfectly. He definitely is mad, but he is acting with a purpose in his extreme behavior.

I am not sure whether you can attribute such "goodwill" to him, like he wants to keep his unit alive(even if it's the case, he might only do so because it is a hassle dealing with new recruits)

I think you are correct about yelling about heals so MC doesn't act on her own initiative being part of it, but I also think he genuinely wants the heals saved for him, because he thinks he is most important. When it was over and he didn't need a heal, he could spare one for his unit.
The reason why I think he's not really saving the heals for himself is because of how he presents himself. He's intimidating and he will actually beat you up if you don't obey him. Moreso if you use up what is meant to no "his". The fear he instills in his subordinates overrides whatever compassion, cleverness, fatigue, and even fear they may have. Basically, stop thinking and just obey orders ASAP. However, his valor and success inspires confidence in him that his subordinates would be more likely to follow orders and less likely to mutiny. He has also displayed his knowledge of strategy and tactics, so he's not just a musclebrain. He knows best to follow orders from higher command and that less experienced enlistees may not because they don't know how anything works.

Users who are viewing this thread