TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
I'd never really considered the implications of instantaneous healing on officers' ability to interfere with the proper delivery of treatment. Normally (with many exceptions I'm sure) the medical area would not be subject to the whims of a combat officer, since soldiers receiving serious medical treatment wouldn't be considered part of the fighting capabilities of the unit. But if you can get soldiers back on their feet in practically zero time, it is logical that the distinction would also shrink for frontline medical facilities.

I'm afraid to find out what the side effects of potion abuse are, but I'm certain we'll see it soon enough. That was not a normal look on the doc's face after she chugged it.

Dex-chan lover
Ironically Garback is extremely competent as his job. You dont get to be an Ace by just having luck but also skill. Problem is that he literally is too good for his subordinates and what he can do with relative ease himself, it usually ends with several members of his squad dead.

He might be a glory hound but hes not stupid and knows his own limits, problem is that he expects everyone to perform as good as him which is almost impossible and is an insuferable asshole

Dex-chan lover
WW 1/2 trench warfare with magic. So in that way, it's very like Tanya. However, the focus is on the gritty, treacherous, brutal life in the trenches.

Commander is a very interesting character -- whom I damn sure as hell would not want to serve under. It seems that in this world combatant front line mages are essentially "heroes" (high value combat units), and so are given very preferential treatment.

Commander abuses Touri for not using shield in the best way. She faults herself for not asking. But it's at least equally his fault for not training her. If he hadn't determined to use her as nothing but a personal healbot, then she would have been more effective.

Note contrast with Tanya (LN version)... Tanya is an outstanding commander/personnel manager. While she also is very tough on her troops, she's also very good about managing them and improving their performance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread