Tsuihou Sareta Tensei Juu Kishi wa Game Chishiki de Musou Suru - Vol. 11 Ch. 105

Dex-chan lover
Kalos was an asshole, but he wasn't a total asshole.

In the end, he protected two things: 1) the person who elevated him from being powerless to being powerful; and 2) Hilde whose life he did not want to damage. He is not turning over a new leave and becoming a good guy -- he's still being who he was before -- a less than total asshole.

Dex-chan lover
Right now, I'm more concerned about that little bundle of misplaced chaos who calls herself his apprentice. I hope she doesn't wind up being a royal pain in the posterior, especially long-term. She just doesn't seem bright enough to comprehend that her "master" was the bad guy here. Granted she wasn't there for most of the discussion or fight, but she feels like the kind who won't even believe the official report, or even the findings of a Guild-led investigation.

Dex-chan lover
Kind of bad for the plot, a rich guy would just buy criminals to kill and put his kid in his party to have the kid high level quick
Chapter 24, "Life Shifting" < That's what it is. But it has substantial limits:
  • The exp you get is based on the level of the killed person. The party only gets exp here because Kalos is so high level.
  • Exp also depends on how much of a "battle" it was. (WN) So, accidental killing may well give no exp.
  • Because of these various limitations, leveling by killing others is pretty limited.
  • Generally, it's more cost efficient to kill mobs rather than humans.
  • This is used for Maris, but it's basically just a "jump start" to get an initial level raise. (It's expensive: requires high level prisoners who have been sentenced to death.)
  • Also, "Life Shifting" is only used (in secret) by a few high level noble families.
Still... It's hard to avoid the logical implications. Adventurers do get into duels, and those duels can be fatal (as noted in the Hilde vs Elma duel). So it would be well known that adventurers can gain levels by killing other adventurers. Author probably needs to explain limits a bit more.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I expected him to self destruct and try to take out the others with him but I guess Hilde being there made a lot of difference.

Contributor
Obligatory evil dude past to make is less evil, nope, kill him asap and do not dare to save him from suicide, stop this damn clichè, take example from last boss novel. :p

Btw, both this and last boss have anime in the making. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread