Twitter Plays a Visual Novel - Ch. 13 - Alternate Ending

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake You know, an infection is considered natural if it wasn't purposely done. Even if the cause itself was unnatural. Like if a garbage dumb was added to a place. It's unnatural. But if you scratched yourself there and died due to an infection because you didn't notice the scratch, it's considered natural.

It's natural because the curse was just left there. It was created unnaturally, yes. But it just exists there now and is infecting people.

The source itself doesn't have to be natural. Just the cause. So it it's viewed as an infection rather than an attack, something left behind in the past, then it's considered natural.

The curse was just left there... and anyone hit by it was just randomly infected. It's now being spread like a disease.

Dex-chan lover
I definitely like this ending more. More lives would be saved in the long run, and they have each other for support.

Aggregator gang
If he's gonna end up with her, he still better cut his hair like in the real ending. Like god damn you need to take care of yourself my guy.

Dex-chan lover
@deathmailrock Diseases aren't considered natural if they were made in a lab just because it still behaves as a natural disease would. That's not really how definitions work. And even if it was, you'd still be wrong, because diseases have a fully different vector than a curse, and they can't be magically absorbed by special people and dispelled under contrived circumstances involving true love, and they exhibit a fully new mode of pathophysiology that adds a whole new dimension of differences, and and and.

You're not being deep or touching on some sort of deep profound truth here, dude. Your pattern recognition skills failed you and now you're just plain wrong at a very basic, logical level. Just stop.

Contributor
Ah yes, I feel like he'll die in another alternate ending mmm...

It's never meant to be, and this retcon'd ending is just a consolidation from the mangaka, we know the real alternate ending isn't like this...

@ZylanMadex Basically, if Shiren doesn't die, the young child whose supposed to get affected by the curse will die, along with a couple other unknown individuals who were supposed to die from the curse. Asides from that, those supposedly cursed people will have somewhat a bit more time to live because Shiren absorbs their curses, until she has another curse overload that causes them to die abruptly.

If you ask me personally, I feel like this is the better choice, just cause the results from the canon ending aren't too satisfactory personally. People will still get affected by the curse, and people in turn will fall victim to it, its just that you simply saved a young girl and a handful of other unknown individuals from said fate.

Then again, I forgot to consider that if Shiren dies, the curse will subside eventually over the course of time. But well, people die for a variety of reasons already anyways, so I don't see too much difference

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake except the curse is not being used to target a specific person and has been left behind for so long that it wouldn't be considered an unnatural murder.

I mean, just because someone has a super power to absorb the disease wouldn't make it less natural. And in the end, the original source itself doesn't have to be natural. It's if it has been left behind and if the person contracted it by chance.

See, I'm viewing it as a disease left behind by the ancients. A magic disease, sure, but a disease non the less. It's not targeting a specific person and it's killing them like a sickness. And I'm viewing the girl as someone that just has the power to temporarily take on the sickness.

@twinklecake Except this particular curse behaves almost exactly like how deathmailrock described.

Well let's ignore that. So you mock the guy's logic, but have you realize how absurd the context of your debate is?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, this ending is better than the other. I mean, giving the unlucky cursed ones a bit more time is plenty enough right?

I think there is some mistake in ch name. It should be best ending instead of alternative ending.

Dex-chan lover
In this ending, the curse perseveres. Shiren absorbs it, but when it escapes, it immediately kills the people it originally targeted, all at once. There will be a lot of funerals to attend from now on, and sooner or later it'll start going after people she and Takumi hold dear. It's a "good" ending if you don't consider the aftermath.

Users who are viewing this thread