Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 11 Ch. 63 - The Whispered Voice Requires Self-Responsibility X

Double-page supporter
ngl I like the new hairstyle
1b6aa90f792a98c2a77b75c152a56232bf5157f3.pnj

also this marks the end of the novels' third volume and we're heading into the Sorawo childhood trauma files next volume, nice! I kind of hope certain future chapters get a splash of color specifically red, if only to make the Red Person's presence more jarring/unnerving but that's probably not going to happen.

Dex-chan lover
Many things happened in this chapter. Like Runa getting the joker makeover and THAT CONFESSION. Needless to say some are getting the better end of the stick... and some are getting the joker face.

le3

Dex-chan lover

also this marks the end of the novels' third volume and we're heading into the Sorawo childhood trauma files next volume, nice! I kind of hope certain future chapters get a splash of color specifically red, if only to make the Red Person's presence more jarring/unnerving but that's probably not going to happen.
I dunno about the spoiler stuff but I bet the mangaka gonna pull some crazy panel or stuff as we see from previous chapters

Dex-chan lover
Where can I read the ln???? I need to read it, what will happen next!!
https://j-novel.club/series/otherside-picnic This chapter was at just about the end of volume 3 out of 8.

The upcoming volume is one of my favorites, probably tied with v8. The horror goes a lot more trippy though which may be really hard to translate to a visual medium. Sorawo not even realizing that stuff is messed up around her works so well in the novel because she's the narrator, but when you're an outside observer watching it I'm afraid it just won't come across the same. Plus red person in b/w lol This confession will easily be topped by the puke kiss in a love hotel

Supporter
Where can I read the ln???? I need to read it, what will happen next!!
It's available in print and digital from J-Novel Club. There have been eight volumes of the novel released so far; with this chapter, the manga has just reached the end of the third volume.

Reactions: le3
What if Satsuki is creating the other side monsters from people? Runa's face is reminiscent of Kuchisake-onna (the slit-mouthed woman). Maybe Satsuki was planning on making her a monster, perhaps even succeeded, before our leading ladies grabbed her.

Dex-chan lover
It's always hard to tell what the nonsense means. I kinda wanna make a Google doc of all the "nonsense" sentences and see if they all follow some patterns. Or are they lines taken from the ghost stories that inspired the author. They sound bullshit enough to both have meaning and be nonsense.

Dex-chan lover
It's always hard to tell what the nonsense means. I kinda wanna make a Google doc of all the "nonsense" sentences and see if they all follow some patterns. Or are they lines taken from the ghost stories that inspired the author. They sound bullshit enough to both have meaning and be nonsense.
There's bits and pieces of meaning mixed with the nonsense which makes it hard to find meaning in foreshadowing but in hindsight you can see it.

Supporter
The horror goes a lot more trippy though which may be really hard to translate to a visual medium.
I think this mangaka has a good handle on the more psychological elements of horror. The revelation that what they are saying to one another in the otherside isn’t normal language was quite well done in my opinion. Same for the discussion about the otherside being a method to contact and understand humanity, or whatever it was. Both didn’t seem to be fleshed out as much as I’d have liked, but that feels more like the fault of the LN’s overall pacing. I don’t normally enjoy horror nor yuri stories, but this one just works. The anime on the other hand felt so poorly paced, improperly characterised, and aesthetically incongruous that I dropped it after 3 episodes. Guess I should read the LN now.

• Angry
Dex-chan lover
~ G A Y ~
We finally made it guys. Yuri is now official.
Also, I bought Into the Radius just yesterday so can't wait to get to have my own Uresekai Picnic.

Users who are viewing this thread