Urenokori no Dorei Elf o Hirotta no de, Musume ni Suru Koto ni shita - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

On page 20 I'm a little confused about the line about NGOs. English is not my first language so maybe I'm wrong but first of all I don't think there should be an apostrophe there, and also it sounds like a weird line. Isn't it more likely they were using an expression like "We're not running a charity over here" or something more general like that ? NGOs don't sound very fantasy to me but I never read the raws.

Thanks for the translation ! (and don't take what I said too seriously, English is not my first language)

In context, I feel like NGO doesn't make as much sense as your suggestion; I think "charity" makes the meaning more clear. But perhaps "We're not running a charity here" sounds a bit more... malicious than intended?

Also, just adding an s to NGO, without an apostrophe, is the proper pluralization. NGO's would be possessive. The way the line is written, you could read it as "We do not belong to the NGO." Confusingly, if you're pluralizing just a single letter on its own, you would use an apostrophe, as in "Mind your p's and q's." English is messy.

Dex-chan lover
Holo you had a shot. Should've taken it.
Though, maybe even in an obvious cases like this the lifespan et al. differences between men and elves are too much.

Seems like the researcher woman also has the hots for daddy.
Holo should have been Lily's mommy.
Holo has secured a promise that we know will ensure they meet again, because of Chekhov's Gun. We may get a love triangle side story to our daughter raising story.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the classic book-smart but no street-smarts. Bc telling the high authority that a rare being exists (a child, no less) is always a good idea lmaooo
Also, Im not gonna vote for the Ziegline as the potential mommy. No chemistry with Dad + she literally wanna take the kid to the lab not even 24 hours after they met. Minus 80 points for that blunder.

JqQdzUU.png

Is having a daughter the ultimate cuckoldry?
I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than having a daughter. Honestly, think about it rationally
You are feeding, clothing, raising and rearing a girl for at least 18 years solely so she can go and get ravaged by another man. All the hard work you put into your beautiful
little girl reading her stories at bedtime, making her go to sports practice, making sure she had a healthy diet, educating her, playing with her. All of it has one simple
result: her body is more enjoyable for the men that will eventually fuck her in every hole. Raised the perfect girl? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random man who had nothing to do with the way she grew up, who marries her. He gets to fuck her tight pussy every night. He gets the benefits of her kind and sweet personality that came from the way you raised her. As a man who has a daughter, you are LITERALLY dedicating at least 20 years of your life simply to raise a
girl for another man to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically
Lmao it's been a while since I read this copypasta

Ah yes, the classic book-smart but no street-smarts. Bc telling the high authority that a rare being exists (a child, no less) is always a good idea lmaooo
Also, Im not gonna vote for the Ziegline as the potential mommy. No chemistry with Dad + she literally wanna take the kid to the lab not even 24 hours after they met. Minus 80 points for that blunder.

JqQdzUU.png
She is reasonable though. She may not be the most empathetic but she is in a position of power and she wields it well. Plus she'll grow on the kid like us.

Dex-chan lover
Ladies and gentlemen, i'm afraid... this is peak! 🔥🔥🔥🔥

I bet the minister girl ends up as her stepmother lol

Dex-chan lover
She is reasonable though. She may not be the most empathetic but she is in a position of power and she wields it well. Plus she'll grow on the kid like us.
I've read the next episodes ahead and
she did grow to like the kid properly (a bit). There's a bit of a character development in there so Im happy.

Double-page supporter
Maybe I'm missing something but "she's a rescued slave, I adopted her." feels like it would dispose of some unneeded secrets.
Not to just anyone of course but close people might notice cracks in stories over time..

Dex-chan lover
Is having a daughter the ultimate cuckoldry?
I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than having a daughter. Honestly, think about it rationally
You are feeding, clothing, raising and rearing a girl for at least 18 years solely so she can go and get ravaged by another man. All the hard work you put into your beautiful
little girl reading her stories at bedtime, making her go to sports practice, making sure she had a healthy diet, educating her, playing with her. All of it has one simple
result: her body is more enjoyable for the men that will eventually fuck her in every hole. Raised the perfect girl? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random man who had nothing to do with the way she grew up, who marries her. He gets to fuck her tight pussy every night. He gets the benefits of her kind and sweet personality that came from the way you raised her. As a man who has a daughter, you are LITERALLY dedicating at least 20 years of your life simply to raise a
girl for another man to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically
"For My Daughter, I Might Even Be Able to Defeat the Demon King" and "usagi drop" were too based for this world. when will we see another daughter-wife kino

Dex-chan lover
In context, I feel like NGO doesn't make as much sense as your suggestion; I think "charity" makes the meaning more clear. But perhaps "We're not running a charity here" sounds a bit more... malicious than intended?

Also, just adding an s to NGO, without an apostrophe, is the proper pluralization. NGO's would be possessive. The way the line is written, you could read it as "We do not belong to the NGO." Confusingly, if you're pluralizing just a single letter on its own, you would use an apostrophe, as in "Mind your p's and q's." English is messy.
The negation of the word "charity", a morally good thing is what gives you that impression of malice. You could use "this is not a non-profit" to soften it, and the composed word makes the double negative more palatable, i believe.

Users who are viewing this thread