Usotsuki Hanayome to Dousei Kekkon-ron - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Consequences of a Secret

Dex-chan lover
Why is she acting like she said something bad, when all she did was ask a legitimate question. 🤔

Fact is she's married and made a move on mc, but by the looks of it she isn't exactly planning on divorce, if she did she wouldn't have a reason to not voice it. 😐

I'm gonna be kinda madge, if the mc has to now kiss her feet and what not for her to stay even though she isn't seeking a conversation (the other girl), nor honesty about whatever secret she has, instead she just goes into victim mode.

This one hits right in the feels. Love the attention to details like the expressions.

Dex-chan lover
This could either lead to MC grovelling to get her to stay or be devastated after she leaves, going to the bars to get a gf with that friend who suggested it, getting hit on and somehow Gotoh is there and gets jelly/possessive, which will ultimately lead to MC finding out she was probably staying at another friend’s place or a hotel.

Or something else.

Dex-chan lover
MC is being perfectly reasonable if not a little passive agressive. She is married, still talking with her husband regularly not to mention the freeloading. She comes across as highly manipulative as well. I'm %100 sure she is more or less aware of MCs feelings one way or another.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thankya for the chapter!

I figure most other people would have screamed "communication" and I'd try to find something different to add. This time it realty is about the basic communication that's needed for people in domestic relationships like this. Freeloader might actually not be sure mc is gay and is anxious to start that convo. The MC needs to talk about stuff too but I'd hope she at least can figure out that her freeloader is probably so much happier and invested in her place with her than some guy.

So yeah, sit down and talk about feelings, girls!

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter!
Hope something happens one way or another in the next one... someone needs to make a more decisive move.

Dex-chan lover
I feel people are missing that it wasn't what she said, but the tone she used. Wife needs to get her shit together, though. MC is totally right in wanting some clarity and Wife is a fucking coward for running away, again, the moment things got a bit complicated.

Double-page supporter
What the hell do you mean "It's my fault for expecting something impossible and feeling betrayed when it didn't come true"?? Gotou literally kissed you and if you hadn't stopped her it seemed like she was willing to do more, I'd say it isn't unreasonable to expect something when that happens. Also, the MC is being used, she recognizes that she's being used and all it takes for her to second guess herself is a little bit of puppy dog eyes from Gotou? Girl, have a little bit of self-respect, I feel that the MC has more or less said and done the right things, but the narrative is desperately trying to paint her as some gray character. No, it isn't unreasonable to ask a freeloader what the heck she's planning, even if it comes off as rude, especially a freeloader who is pulling the wool over your eyes.

Supporter
Leaving aside what everybody said upthread... FFS Japan, smartphones shouldn't display on the lockscreen the text and the sender of received messages for all and sundry to read!
I know it's a narrative trope, but after seeing it used a number of times to artificially create drama I'm starting to find it grating...

Users who are viewing this thread