Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! - Vol. 6 Ch. 61 - Kouhai and a Story from a Little While Back

Dex-chan lover
How rude is the word suck in English? It's just that the analogue of this word in my language is very vulgar, so it's always embarrassing for me to see it, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
When it's used for something like "you suck at this" it's actually almost a more friendly connotation compared to "you're bad at this", I can't really think of a way suck's used that's genuinely insulting since at this point it's more of a tongue-in-cheek phrase

Double-page supporter
Good now he can get some revenge for never telling him he had a new baby sister.

Dex-chan lover
So Sakurai and Uzaki both have musclehead fathers, it turns out. One runs a gym and one runs a dojo. Wonder if they've ever met.

@Badaxiseng *Sempai and baby.
It's guaranteed those pics of him and little imouto are going to reach Uzaki. That's how this manga rolls.

@SuperOniichan it's a word that athletes might use while jeering their teammates, or you might use with a close friend while playing a 1v1 video game. It doesn't quite rise to vulgar unless you're using it around your grandmother or something.

Dex-chan lover
@Raycu I don’t argue, English-speaking people know better about English anyway. It's just that in my language, suck phrases usually carry a mocking homophobic connotation. But in Russian in general, most of the rude words are like that.

@imadoathing @Nep Well, before the manga, I mostly saw the phrase "you suck" in teenage American films or games, where as I understood it was used as a mockery.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan I think it can be also used as casual mocking jabs between close friends. (Which is why its less rude than horrible)

On the other hand, if you aren't close friends...

To begin with, telling someone they are bad at something is already rude so "how much ruder" don't quite apply as much. You already destroyed his feelings ;_;

Users who are viewing this thread