Vinland Saga - Ch. 211 - Thousand Year Voyage Part 20

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Ivar is still a shithead?

Yeah for some reason I was hoping he was going to go against what Einar just said, to highlight how his recent experience changed him and how their respective world views flipped but he's the same old brickhead... I guess it's more realistic this way? I don't know.

Dex-chan lover
Einar lost his father when his home village was attacked by the English, and lost his freedom later, when the same village was again attacked by the Norse. He then spent who knows how many years as a slave on the farm, until the farm was once again attacked and he just barely escaped death or further enslavement. I'm sure he's well tired of trying to build a home, only to have it taken away through violence, especially considering he just sailed halfway across the known world explicitly to finally be rid of that very thing.
exactly, Einar was buitl clearly not to surrender his valuable farmland

Dex-chan lover
no einar! breaking the bro code by simping over a statue is super lame. top 5 manga betrayals

in other news, cockroach ivar is somehow still alive.
yes, over a statue, absolutely not over the only home he has, the village and farmland he worked so hard to build. Also no betrayal, he told Thorfinn he'd fight, he never swore not to

cgr

Dex-chan lover
yes, over a statue, absolutely not over the only home he has, the village and farmland he worked so hard to build.
I was mostly joking, I know Einar has other more important reasons, but Einar carrying over the statue while giving his speech (when statue is not really needed) does give the impression that he is a bit obsessed with it.

and Einar bringing up the 'land named after arnheid' 12 chapters earlier https://mangadex.org/chapter/abb4a569-703f-4ae7-bb6e-6c46db2536eb/10 also sounded like he attached too much importance in the land's name when the name is irrelevant
Also no betrayal, he told Thorfinn he'd fight, he never swore not to
incorrect, Einar did swore with Thorfinn in chapter 93 : to create a land of peace , unknown to slavery nor war https://mangadex.org/chapter/66d1910c-64e5-4fa8-8e9b-00188ce0bb4b/36 (by real arnheid's grave btw)

and in chapter 199 https://mangadex.org/chapter/abb4a569-703f-4ae7-bb6e-6c46db2536eb/8 : Einar still told Thorfinn he supports the peace philosophy, so this chapter is clearly a betrayal of their brotherly vow in coming to vinland

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So convenient that when the time comes, Thorfinn can't even fight if he wants.
Bullshit, getting the lung punctured by that short arrow that hit his rib.

Everyone talking about Einar dropping peace; frankly every character has been a bit flanderized for the last hundred chapters, so it's nice to see the dude who's story started with his own village burning acting in a way that makes sense for his character vs blindly following the ideal that was only ever supposed to get him as far is Vinland. Those saying he's betraying Thorfinn; Thorfinn said to hunker down at the fort.

Nobody talking about him lugging 100kg of marble without breaking a sweat; he could throw rocks and decimate the Lnu at the treeline if he really wanted. They're gonna be fine.

So convenient that when the time comes, Thorfinn can't even fight if he wants.
Bullshit, getting the lung punctured by that short arrow that hit his rib.
Unless he downplayed the wound to keep everyone moving. Maybe he knew it was bad, but not that it hit a lung.

His fighting skill has always been an unbeatable fallback; anything could go wrong and he'd still be able to protect everyone, so no real cost to failure and a constant ability to impress or dissuade those for whom peace is not a first choice. Let's see how hard peace is when he doesn't have force to back it.

I’m genuinely worried Thorfinn will become disabled; I don’t even want to think about him dying but this is the worst condition he’s been in 😞

Users who are viewing this thread