Vinland Saga - Ch. 212 - Thousand Year Voyage Part 21

Dex-chan lover
stop-fighting-smiling-friends.gif

Dex-chan lover
It was good news for all the smaller tribes the mesoamerican empires were oppressing.
Most of those tribes had their culture erased and were brutally suppressed a few decades after the initial conquest. Very few tribes managed to become hidalgos in the Spanish Empire, and a lot of them lost those titles to incoming settlers.

Basically nothing was left of the original tribes in North America, save for a few scattered remnants that escaped West and were eventually forced onto reservations.

Dex-chan lover
Most of those tribes had their culture erased and were brutally suppressed a few decades after the initial conquest. Very few tribes managed to become hidalgos in the Spanish Empire, and a lot of them lost those titles to incoming settlers.

Basically nothing was left of the original tribes in North America, save for a few scattered remnants that escaped West and were eventually forced onto reservations.
skill issue

Dex-chan lover
Man, every time I come back to this series I fucking despise what it became. It’s so stupid. It’s so fucking stupid. I don’t think anyone feels any sympathy for the natives at all in any way shape or form and it’s really weird because you should but you don’t.

Are we supposed to feel sympathy because they’re acting like the greedy Nords at the start of the series who can’t help but kill and ravage and assume they are heroes? Because it clearly isn’t working and they just come off as fucking monsters. Going for and woman and Children in the boats, wow… only can be seen as monsters

Last edited:
Power Uploader
Yeah, this sucks and I will keep saying this. Whatever happens, this is stupid. Like what is the end game of this all? Like in the end the settlement is done for. Thorfin his whole idea broke and was ripped to shreds. Like we all know it would happen and Thorfin would have seen too after experiencing so much death and war.

I am just tired...

Dex-chan lover

I mean, yeah? That's what happens. If you lose you usually get wiped out unless the winner benefits from you staying around. This was true both before and after the Spanish arrived.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread