Vinland Saga - Vol. 24 Ch. 173 - Sailing West Part 7

man what the hell is up with this website these last few days? barely any pages loads.

Fed-Kun's army
interesting typesetting choice for Halfdan with the bold text. thanks for the chapter!

interesting topic of discussion. And that surprise at the end, halfdan really looking hard for a son after thors ran off.

Dex-chan lover
Has Halfdan always talked with square text boxes? It really stood out in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Problem is that the others can just any assets they want and enslave others for any knowledge they have. There's no advantage to having unique goods if you can't properly secure them.

Dex-chan lover
@kalton well this is alternate history after all, maybe the plot twist is that Vinland succeeds and becomes the american Switzerland. Always neutral, only interested in trade and business, and being filthy rich.

The concept of a state-owned monopoly on violence is pretty topical at the moment, what with american police rioting and assaulting/murdering people because of it. It's clearly a really dangerous idea...

Dex-chan lover
Nice chapter. Thorfinns solution would be great but real world shows just how difficult that is. I still hope everything turns out great for the fictional Vinland.

@CrossingVoid So it's not just me with that problem.

Dex-chan lover
Halfdan wants to adopt Thorfinn and the latter invents capitalism. How unexpected!

Group Leader
@Ryomi that kind of is Switzerland irl lol, armed neutrality and a rich country (one of the highest gdp per capita) focused on trade and business

Most of them gonna die because the people in Vinland grows greedy, and a new arc of revenge would happen at this rate lmao.

Halfdan: "Do you undestand why i cant kill you?"
Thorfin: "Well"... (Because you are old and i could beat your ass bearhanded with both arms tied behind my back)
Halfdan: "Because the law"
Thorfin: "...Yeah, that"

Users who are viewing this thread