Vinland Saga - Vol. 27 Ch. 200 - Thousand Year Voyage Part 9

Double-page supporter
Hild is full on Ninja Slayer-mode now. Enemies must be slayed! Yeeart!!

Dex-chan lover
She's basically young Thorfinn and I think Thorfinn knows this and want to stop her, not only for war's sake but also for herself. Also her going after the elder is exactly what he wants to.
I know this has to escalate because it's a manga and all but I still wish they can prevent all that somehow.

Dex-chan lover
I suppose Hild's plan is to kill the shaman lady and pretend it was accident? Or she's going to make people think that she's the enemy of both side after killing the shaman lady and then disappear?

Dex-chan lover
Nobody's considered this, but Hild might just be overestimating herself here. She may be the only hunter in their settlement, but as for the Lnu tribe, basically every able man hunts and on top of that knows the land from birth. And with them being currently on semi-hostile terms with the settlers, there's a zero chance she'd just sneak in unnoticed.

Realistically speaking, she'd get an arrow to the back of the head long before coming anywhere near the shaman. And ironically start the war in the process. We'll see how the author plays it out though

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Hild's "I have to find him" in regards to Miskwekepu'j potentially has other implications beyond her killing him. Because as others have stated already, Hild killing Miskwekepu'j (i.e. a Norse killing a Mi'kmaq), won't be perceived/have the same effect as Hild killing Ivar (i.e. a Norse killing a Norse). I wonder if Hild's current mental state will have her so tunnel-visioned to not recognize/realize that, or if she maybe has slightly different intentions for Miskwekepu'j? Like maybe she intends to make his death look like an accident/natural causes, or maybe she intends to threaten/intimidate (or maybe even abduct/kidnap) him into exile?

(something to remember, Miskwekepu'j isn't living with the rest of the tribe anymore)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread