Vinland Saga - Vol. 27 Ch. 201 - Thousand Year Voyage Part 10

Dex-chan lover

"Oh, I'm sorry, that's true. I couldn't draw the story well. Recently, I've been worrying about what to do with the story, but it's timed up. I think I can draw more next month." - Yukimura on Twitter​

Need Yukimura to take a long (maybe 2+ month) break and outline what he wants to do. Big respect for him being so open all the time, but it is worrying if he's so unsure about the direction of the story.
It's probably tricky, because he's always been intent on making the story as historically accurate as possible with some reservations, but the fact of reality is the Viking presence on mainland North America was very minimal and very short. So now he's done 26 volumes telling the story of reaching the title, but either thought he would do it a different way, or learned very late on that there's not much historical evidence he can work with.

Personally I'd say eff it, and turn it into a grand saga taking Thorfinn across the entire continent all the way to meeting some Chinese settlers on the West Coast. Go for broke, my dude.

Urgh, with corporate translations come corporate regulations ... I'll expect subpar translations that never offend anyone at all at all costs.

The difference between K Manga and MangaUp (which is where the series Kyrokis mentioned are published) is that MangaUp only has an app, not a website. It's impossible to rip from the app at the moment, but K Manga will have a website thus will be vulnerable like literally any other manga webservice.
MangaUp also has a site, with a few chapters. No word about the kind of site K Manga will have. They already said no mature contente, coin system and USA only. Dead on arrival.

Group Leader
MangaUp also has a site, with a few chapters. No word about the kind of site K Manga will have. They already said no mature contente, coin system and USA only. Dead on arrival.
The content will be the same for both the app and the site, they said there will be no app or site exclusives. Mature content is only graphic sexual content, of which Kodansha doesn't publish much. Series like Vinland Saga and The Fable are 16+ and will be on the platform.

Urgh, with corporate translations come corporate regulations ... I'll expect subpar translations that never offend anyone at all at all costs.
The official translations of all 26 volumes have been nothing short of superb, so I really don't know what you're getting at. Please show me an example of the past 26 volumes where a translation was changed in order to "never offend anyone at all costs."

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I hope they don't make the manga with a well written transgender character as well as continual explicit condemnation of slavery, toxic masculinity, and the futility of war... go woke. It'd be terrible!

Dex-chan lover
HAHA OH YEAH, the european diseases, how could I forget that, silly me. Those natives are toast lol

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunate, but thanks for the work up until now. Officially fucked in Canada, of course.

As for this short chapter: Pandemic, I guess?

Dex-chan lover
demn it's the rrat
anyway thanks for the hardwork, too bad my country is restricted by k manga
guess i'll find another place when they release it!

Double-page supporter
Thanks everyone for the kind words! We're very happy you all have been enjoying our translations the past years.

That's what I'm expecting. The fact that it's not only an app but also a website makes it super vulnerable for ripping and uploading to aggregators. Oh well, hope they open it up globally soon after launch.
Thanks for translating up until now and I look forward to your other releases in the future oh and also that goes without saying get some good rest before starting something new

K manga isn't available in my region f*ck :qq:

Users who are viewing this thread