Wakamono no Kuro Mahou Hanare ga Shinkoku desu ga, Shuushoku shite Mitara Taiguu Iishi, Shachou mo Tsukaima mo Kawaikute Saikou desu!

Group Leader
Everyone keeps saying 'ooh, if only someone did something about this' and yet no one does, probably because the uncensored version costs $6.
So I bought the digital tank and I prepped the images for typesetting. If anyone wants to translate, message me.

Dex-chan lover
I hope someone takes Varrel up on his offer. As much as I can respect other scanlators for adhering to their principles, it's precisely this sort of situation that's one of the reasons why I often hate unwritten rules: they're ripe for exploitation.

I would honestly start translating this but I already made my own hands full by starting to translate the web novel T_T

Fed-Kun's army
@Giga

I suppose so, I was still just pleased someone was translating it, ha ha. So, even if that whole part was a fiasco, I want that appreciation to be known.

Anyhow, the other day I found out what Funimation does to their translations! What bastards.

Dex-chan lover
@Boomthorkell They're a strong argument for subs > dubs in a matter whose aspects already heavily favor the former. This goes not only for manga/anime, but also for game "localization", since--with games, like anime/manga, being a pastime once viewed by the mainstream as "nerdy/geeky" but now as appealing--it has been infiltrated by leftist activists of varying degrees of militancy. Activists or normalf*gs (I don't know how sensitive the mods are to that word) with an overly elevated opinion of their self-worth and/or comedic/creative talent.

The state of all such endeavors have long passed the point at which anyone with a working brain that isn't on the Kool-aid can see that those people involved in professional "localization" are either out for fame (the latter case) or to indoctrinate surreptitiously (the former case).

Fed-Kun's army
@Giga
Sounds about right. Well, at least the Japanese still have their heads on straight. While we mock them for some of their literary perversions (Brocon\siscons, harems, lolis, ntr, traps, etc.) they don't have library time with convicted sex criminals irl. Credit is due where credit is due.

Dex-chan lover
@Jacksen If there was someone translating for sure, I wouldn't mind waiting 3 more months if it meant a sure update.

As it is now... Idk man. I'm back to the "will I learn Japanese before or after a tl picks this up again?" much like another half dozen abandoned manga. Really sucks. It's fine for those popular manga that have people racing to it, but this is partially why I try not to complain about random drama with smaller stuff. Becuase the alternative is I never read it period

Dex-chan lover
@Giga

Could be worse than memes, you could have Chillock translating everything into British Cockney with ded memes

Dex-chan lover
@SunSun Don't know who that is, but that reminds me of Baka-Tsuki, specifically the people working on Highschool DxD. The rules of that production required "British English" to be used. Only issue with that was that their "British English" was really just an excuse for them to produce releases rife with bad grammar; the grammar was bad and pervasive enough to make reading it a headache. Perhaps that'd be worse--I say it's just as bad.

@JackSen I don't have trouble waiting, either. My only issue is when a scanlator or what have you hijacks a manga to either use as a (political, in this case) soapbox or as a stage for their own makeshift comedy show. I'd rather read the works of a scanlator who's out to do a good job than those of one who's out to serve his or her own ego. That kind of scanlator--the former--I respect and have gratitude for. That said, it's unfortunate that Koolio's comedy act will stay in the uploaded chapters; I avoided reading them thinking someone else might redo them. At least if that madness won't continue, I'd be happy.

Group Leader
@Giga Well, I think Koolio has his own reasons, so I let him do whatever he wants with his version. I only edit the manga in english and translate it into spanish (which is my version). It's true that there are parts that don't have anything to do with the story, but they're not as many as people think. I've seen people complaining about a dialogue that was well translated and had nothing to do with politics, lol. I can say it because I'm the one who edits and translates his version. Whatever, my point is that although some parts don't make sense, the majority are understandable. Maybe in the the future I could consider redoing them, but for the moment I think it's unnecessary. Btw, I can't assure you anything, but I think he has controlled himself a bit with political things xD

Dex-chan lover
@JackSen First, I think your response, self-composed as it is after the firestorm of criticism leveled against your group's work, is laudable and worthy of gratitude. After seeing that, I feel a bit of compunction at the idea of putting more work on your plate when this is something you do for free--though I did mean that I hoped someone else would, as I thought your group was done for good. Frankly, I'm fine with continuing even if you don't redo them, as long the "comedy" and politics stop. Regarding complaints about well-translated dialogue, my only complaint is what Koolio would engage in--the usage of language that's so jarringly out-of-place (real-world jokes/memes/references) or ideologically motivated (leftism) as to be OBVIOUSLY different from what's being said; even if he opted to try being slick and slipping it in, it still wouldn't be welcome.

I'm sure you and other scanlators in other languages (presumably in other countries) don't waste time trying to make something of a manga that it is not. There are English-language groups that don't, either. The scanlator of this series that came before him didn't. Why be the one to do that sort of unwelcome thing at all, then?

Group Leader
@Giga As I said, Koolio has his own reasons. I'm not part of Koolio's group, I have my own group, so we'll continue translating this manga even if Koolio don't do it. And yes, people was complaining about memes or jokes in different situations and I understand that. But for example, when a character cast a spell, Koolio always think in a funny spell just because in the raw this kind dialogues are in katakana and don't make sense, no matter how you translate them. Despite that, people don't understand it and keep complaining. However, I think you have the right to complain because I admit that he went a little too far, but I can't do anything about that since it's not my own english version. Sorry.

Dex-chan lover
@JackSen Understood--on all points. That said, I'll still regard your group as the more reliable one, then, as Koolio has burned any good will he'd normally get from me, and you present yourself as reasonable. This is not to create a rift between you two, merely a delineation of the status quo. I'll see what happens going forward--thanks for your responses.

Dex-chan lover
@giga burned good will and look where that got us. 3 months of absolute nothingness before someone finally decided to looling into it. because this isn't One Piece with 20 people rushing to translate it.

i can't speak for you ofc, but these aren't paid staff, so I'm not expecting super professional localization. a readable translation w/ some "off humor" during non-serious parts is way better than nothing at all to read.

Users who are viewing this thread