Wakamono no Kuro Mahou Hanare ga Shinkoku desu ga, Shuushoku shite Mitara Taiguu Iishi, Shachou mo Tsukaima mo Kawaikute Saikou desu!

welp, this manga seems like a prime candidate for being nuked by the group doing it.
this just went from a read as I go to an acquired as I go manga.

I still think my version of Chapter 18 was better, especially having done it in a little over 3 hours. But who knows? Maybe I'll actually go for accuracy on Chapter 19. Plus proper grammar, uncensored tiddies, and no pinko politics.

Double-page supporter
1. you're not a wholesome gentleman if you're here, so stop acting like you are.

2. it's a single fucking page that you can easily just ignore.

3. the translator was the one that took his time to translate and upload this, so why not give a harmless plug at the end?

4. if you guys care so much about politics, go vote or engage in political activism. you're not going to change the world by flaming someone on a manga site for having different views from you.

5. remember that this is the internet; it's normal to find things you don't agree with.

@Lament - Quoted from Zephyrus

"@koolio

Are you serious? Are you *serious*? Not even Rapeman tried to circumvent our rule with some lame attempt at politicizing his manga. You're literally dreaming up stuff just so you have an excuse to stand on your political soapbox. I sympathize with your views personally and somewhat politically, but you are fast running out of any sympathy or empathy from me with this stunt. You also deliberately did it when staff was out celebrating with their friends and family and couldn't respond in a reasonable time frame. I am deeply disappointed in your behavior and pretty pissed.

I'm going to leave the credit page to the site mods (and boy I doubt they'll be happy when they're here and sober again) but as for me, you'll be receiving a week long comment ban. I can't believe you insulted our intelligence with this flimsy attempt to personally attack staff just because not all of us agree with your political ideology or ban viewpoints that oppose your own. *All* politics are banned, not just the stuff that bothers you.

Happy Fucking New Year."

I don't care one way or another about the politics, I really don't. What I care about is the meme bullshit being inserted into the dialog.

"Speech I don't like has no place in an online forum because it limits people's ability to have an open discussion"

The doublethink of the left never ceases to amaze.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, I was out for New Years and when I saw this manga updated, I was wondering what sort of shit Koolio is going to pull to further his personal agenda. But I was too late and he was already comment banned by a mod.

On one hand, I'm glad to see him getting his just desserts. But I'm a little disappointed for not being there to see what was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Fed-Kun's army
Ultimately a meme is acceptable if it's a legitimate ideological translation, like "weird Japanese online reference" can be replaced with "weird American online reference."

@Kanami-chan not just the credits page, the person translating it is adding it into the manga as well, I'm specifically referring to the part where it says "Please do not mind my pronouns" (Chapter 19 page 2).

Reading other comments others apparently have noticed other stuff being added in as well (Although I personally didn't notice until that specific line, at least ignoring the last page that the person that's translating it adds).

Dex-chan lover
Just reading this in one go like an idiot,in spanish.....Check the comments....

Ok.What the F@ck?Did I just avoid some war by luck?

Double-page supporter
Would be great if someone could retranslate the koolio chapters without memes and politics. Dropped until then actually unreadable.

Dex-chan lover
Ehhhhhhhhhh it is basically just smut all over without much substance hard pass

Dex-chan lover
Agreed with @Nivial. I'm sick of translators/localization teams that think their audiences are more interested in fluffing their egos than enjoying the original creator's work. That's why absurdities like Koolio's meme talk are added, you see--not because people who read manga like these wouldn't be familiar enough with Japanese wit/humor to continue reading, but because the translator/localizer wants as much glory as the original author, and perhaps even think that they already have it.

This is more so in a case like this manga, which only has one scanlation team working on it--Koolio's--and thus results in a monopoly on attention: everyone who reads, enjoys, and wants to see more of a manga that has been beset by a scanlator like Koolio is part of that scanlator's captive audience. Speaking of captive audiences, such conditions are perfect for a soapbox. If not for attentionwhoring, then the things such as left-wing evangelizing/propagandizing that you see added to this manga are done because, should one want to read this manga, they have no choice but to be exposed to it.

Another scanlator really should pick this up. No one is scanlating it seriously, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread