Warui ga Watashi wa Yuri ja nai - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - Hanei Rin (3)

Dex-chan lover
A bit late comenting, but I can see why this chapter was extremely popular.
We got some nice interactions between Itsumi and Rin.
I am glad they both talked to each other and are more honest with their feelings.
Out of all girls who could potentially date Itsumi, I like Rin the most.
Although, the fight for Itsumi will be something to behold.
Who will be the winner?
This needs to be an anime.
Thank you as always for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
I just realized that this chapter casts Itusmi's "But even if we don't win, I'll go on a date with you anytime, so long as you invite me" line from Cops and Robbers (1) in a new light and also provides context for Itsumi's confidence in Rin's athleticism. Man, this chapter just keeps on giving.

Supporter
Omg, that was such an awesome chapter. I said this before but this is by far one of my favorite manga. It is right up there with Bloom into You. I loved the part where she says, "You make me feel incredible senpai". Thank you so much for all you hard work in translating the amazing manga

I think I'm going to puke roses
What a very cute and romantic chapter

I've been cheering for Rin with Toudou ever since Rin's first appearance since she's the first girl to actually like Toudou even without the Love Potion. Now I'm only hoping she'll be the endgame for Toudou.

Fed-Kun's army
I like this relationship because it feels like it's a fantasy for both of them. For Itsumi it's this surreal situation where the annoying girl she hated who was always mocking and bullying her turns out to be cute and in love with her. And for Hanei it's this situation where the older girl she had a crush on but was too shy to even become friends with suddenly realizes her feelings and aggressively flirts with her. Every time they flirt with each other there's this sense of "oh my god, I can't believe I'm really doing this with her" and it just hits perfectly 🤌

Dex-chan lover
I still can't believe how the silly degen date-rape love potion yuri turned out so fucking good its unreal

Dex-chan lover
That was an epic chapter! I've always been on team Rin and this chapter did not disappoint. There was so much going on between Rin and Itsumi. The power balance shifting back and forth between the two is such a classic romance mechanic and it worked extremely well. It's pretty obvious Rin wants to stay in charge but I loved how Itsumi still manages to hold her own. As a result, the two of them pushed each other to be honest and upfront about their feelings and it just felt so sweet.

If I wanted to make one comment about Rin, it's the fact that she seems so comfortable when it came to the bath scene. For a middle schooler who likely has no experience with these types of activities (especially compared to Itsumi), there was no hesitation at all. I'm not sure what to make of that, to be honest. Part of me wants her to be the kouhai, but at the same time, I can also see that she's not one to ever do anything by halves and it's clear that her love for Itsumi pushes her to another level.

Another observation is the extra effort that the artist and the writer put into this chapter. The dialogue is fantastic and really succeeds in exploring the growing dynamic between these two. A big shoutout also has to go to the translation team for bringing this to life in English. The artwork was also kicked up another notch in this chapter. Both Rin and Itsumi looked great throughout this chapter and the way they drew Itsumi was just so effective in conveying her 'serious and sensitive side'. From the braids to her outfit to her posture, little details like those made her feel so fresh this chapter, and from the first few pages of seeing these two, we knew to expect something special.

And then there's Arare. I know she's going to be a major force in the chapters to come. She's had small but notable mentions in previous chapters but this chapter's appearance (including their mom!) is the most significant so far. I think we've all guessed that Itsumi's relationship with the rest of her family is probably strained in many ways due in big part to Arare, and this chapter further reinforces that. The biggest mystery to me is Arare and Itsumi's relationship as sisters. Is it toxic? Is it going to be one of those sis-sis tropes of which there is a wide variety to choose from? A tiny part of me is rather scared knowing some of the stories that mochi au lait penned in the past when it comes to sisters, but I don't think they'll go there with this manga. I'm just excited to see when Arare finally gets her first moment in the spotlight. She is the one character I'm most eager to see in future chapters.

And finally, thanks again Spacecadette and Valentine for all their hard work and dedication these past few months. Until you guys came on the scene, I was feeling so down about this manga falling so far behind in translations. We're almost caught up now and I'm going to miss the frequent updates, but the fact that we're no longer months behind is all thanks to you guys! Your enthusiasm and love of the story shines through in your translations!

Dex-chan lover
I think the only wrong winner in this series is the best friend who is basically a wannabe sexual assaulter. This was adorable and I hope she has this type of 1 on 1 with each of the girls to further show us who they are!

Since Rin was (I think) the only not love potion one, it feels like she is much more genuine, but even now all these other girls somehow love this MC and I can't wait to find out if she actually picks!

Dex-chan lover
That was an epic chapter! I've always been on team Rin and this chapter did not disappoint. There was so much going on between Rin and Itsumi. The power balance shifting back and forth between the two is such a classic romance mechanic and it worked extremely well. It's pretty obvious Rin wants to stay in charge but I loved how Itsumi still manages to hold her own. As a result, the two of them pushed each other to be honest and upfront about their feelings and it just felt so sweet.

If I wanted to make one comment about Rin, it's the fact that she seems so comfortable when it came to the bath scene. For a middle schooler who likely has no experience with these types of activities (especially compared to Itsumi), there was no hesitation at all. I'm not sure what to make of that, to be honest. Part of me wants her to be the kouhai, but at the same time, I can also see that she's not one to ever do anything by halves and it's clear that her love for Itsumi pushes her to another level.

Another observation is the extra effort that the artist and the writer put into this chapter. The dialogue is fantastic and really succeeds in exploring the growing dynamic between these two. A big shoutout also has to go to the translation team for bringing this to life in English. The artwork was also kicked up another notch in this chapter. Both Rin and Itsumi looked great throughout this chapter and the way they drew Itsumi was just so effective in conveying her 'serious and sensitive side'. From the braids to her outfit to her posture, little details like those made her feel so fresh this chapter, and from the first few pages of seeing these two, we knew to expect something special.

And then there's Arare. I know she's going to be a major force in the chapters to come. She's had small but notable mentions in previous chapters but this chapter's appearance (including their mom!) is the most significant so far. I think we've all guessed that Itsumi's relationship with the rest of her family is probably strained in many ways due in big part to Arare, and this chapter further reinforces that. The biggest mystery to me is Arare and Itsumi's relationship as sisters. Is it toxic? Is it going to be one of those sis-sis tropes of which there is a wide variety to choose from? A tiny part of me is rather scared knowing some of the stories that mochi au lait penned in the past when it comes to sisters, but I don't think they'll go there with this manga. I'm just excited to see when Arare finally gets her first moment in the spotlight. She is the one character I'm most eager to see in future chapters.

And finally, thanks again Spacecadette and Valentine for all their hard work and dedication these past few months. Until you guys came on the scene, I was feeling so down about this manga falling so far behind in translations. We're almost caught up now and I'm going to miss the frequent updates, but the fact that we're no longer months behind is all thanks to you guys! Your enthusiasm and love of the story shines through in your translations!
I'd bet a sis con doing everything to eventually be able to support her sister

Dex-chan lover
Since Rin was (I think) the only not love potion one, it feels like she is much more genuine, but even now all these other girls somehow love this MC and I can't wait to find out if she actually picks!
That girl that she met in the arcade, Yanagi also never got the love potion iirc. Though in her case it's mostly the mc being horny for her and her being open for some casual fun

Supporter
This is a masterpiece. My heart is full. Thank you so much for the great translation!

Dex-chan lover
Well, the manga definitely needs a new title now. I love the dynamic and the contrast between Rin's love at first sight and Itsumi's uncertainty at knowing what love would even feel like.

Going to be interesting to see how things progress from here because doing anything with other girls in the harem is going to feel like cheating on Rin. They're not officially dating but I'm sure she sees it an exclusive, figuring-it-out kind of relationship. Whatever happens, I am here for it.

Thanks for translating what swiftly became one of the most enjoyable mangas I've read for quite some time.

Dex-chan lover
Lovely chapter! It's so cute how much more sweet and honest Itsumi is towards Rin now. Which enables Rin to be more assertive than ever. They have a great chemistry going for them.

It's funny that every time Itsumi got laid or almost laid (Makoto, Yayoi almost, and now Rin), it was without the love potion, and Itsumi acted very submissive. The other girls (the ones who still want her anyway) just don't know that all it takes to get with Itsumi is to be just a little dominant. She may not be able to tell love from lust yet, but she has accepted that she longs for intimate attention from girls (beyond just being popular and powerful). To the point where her initial dubious claims that she is not into Yuri have gradually turned into replies ranging from a "wow queen you are so beautiful", to a blushing "you perv", to a meek "yes queen".

On that note, I think it's cool that two of the three girls Itsumi got (mutually) intimate with never took the love potion. And in general, most of the girls are not really obsessed with her, and have a potential alternative love interest set up. Despite this being a harem, things have become pretty complicated, so I felt like making a relationship chart (which is very unlike me... this manga is messing with my brain).

Loves Itsumi, assertive, willing to go steady: Rin (no potion, slept with)
Likes Itsumi, assertive, not willing to go steady: Yayoi (no potion, fooled around with), Makoto (potion wore off, slept with, interested in Sachie)
Likes Itsumi, dependent: Himari (potion wore off), Kurohime (potion may still be in effect, might just need friends), Ruruka (no potion, only after her body)
Possibly likes Itsumi, not dependent: Tsubasa (potion wore off, likes R too), Yuina (no potion, loves Himari), Hana (no potion, Yuri enjoyer), Yomiko (no potion)
Neutral or unclear: R (potion wore off, loyal to Sachie), Hachou (interested in Himari), the ghost girls (potion, Itsumi can't see them), Unnamed delinquent (Yayoi's "stalker"), Minko (Makoto's maid)
Hostile: Sachie (no potion, loves/hates Makoto), Kakuko (Makoto's maid)

(This is of course just the state of affairs at chapter 25, so definitely subject to change.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread