WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!

Aggregator gang
I LOVE the manga series so much more than the anime.
Tomoko’s growth and the development of other characters are so good here.

Aggregator gang
@YusaMei Dying the hair is terrible, getting a tattoo is even worse (doesn't matter the place, size, or shape).

Group Leader
@Levan072
@Parad0xAng3l

Mostly Motomote, the Spin-off of Tomoko's middle-school years & the Antology from around 2014, a collective of "fan works".
There's a bunch of bonuses like the recent booklet (which to my opinion looks like a way to promote the manga for a potential anime second season), but that's mostly it.

Double-page supporter
the Watamote doujin community is absolutely fucking fierce. it's just been the gift that keeps on giving ever since the manga became a yuri harem

Tbh, whenever im gonne reread this series, i always start at the part where tomoko meets yoshida and tamura

@Kharibda
tbh, when this manga only have 50 chapters, i kinda stop reading after 10 chapters cuz of cringe
, i only continued reading after i saw this fanarts of tomoko with her friends or her harem

Double-page supporter
i think a lot about the possibility of a second season for the anime, and while it saddens me to say this, but the chances are really low i'm afraid. the first season simply didn't sell very well - 1200 blu rays, which is ok, but not enough to warrant expecting another season. now the silver lining here is that anime is almost always produced as promotion for the original material, so the better the manga sells the more likely the anime will continue. fortunately the Watamote manga sells exceptionally well, ever since it's had all the story developments, and the fandom is also very active. so there very well be a sponsor who is willing to produce another season while the momentum from the manga is still high, before it ends eventually.

another complicated part is that between where the anime left off (around chapter 33) and where the story "picks up" (chapter 69) there is a significant gap that could still fit a whole cour in. a lot of the manga fans who want a second season want to see the field trip and onward animated, but there is a lot of stuff inbetween that needs to be adapted as well. (off the top of my head - the first graduation ceremony, Nemo's introduction, Komi-something's introduction, etc) they could shorten those parts and get to the field trip within 13 episodes, but it'll be really cutting it, and the really fun part of the manga is *after* the field trip anyway. suffice to say, unless it's 26 episodes, which is making an already risky project even riskier, it's not even gonna be a satisfactory adaptation for the fans, which will only pull away sales. so i really don't see much in the way of a winning solution, unless they do take that massive bet and make a full blown 26 episodes second season

Aggregator gang
Honestly i'm glad it wasn't 180 chapters worth of unbearable cringe, but the story really loses focus halfway through and now it's just like any other generic meandering SoL.

It's cringe on the first 50 chaps... but I'm here for the yuri harem anyway
though I love the character development of Tomoko.

Can i request to english translator? Please?
Why skip so many omake or bonus chapter in volume?
There are so many bonus chapter that skipped (not translated) but contain important side story that conect/explain of main plot
So please can you translate omake or bonus chapter in english

Users who are viewing this thread