Watashitachi wa Moto Joshi desu - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
It's amazing how much the vibe and emphasis of this conversation can change depending on whether we still perceive the MC as a girl or already as a guy. Just a mind game, lmao. Also, am I the only one who senses some kind of catch in her friend’s reaction? As if she has some kind of plans for the situation between MC and her crush.

While this seems to be expected, I had never thought before that women can constantly be the butt of lewd jokes over bananas. I even wonder if this can be compared with vulgar jokes about men and mayonnaise? Ugh, your culinary tastes can be so risqué depending on your gender...

Power Uploader
What I took out of this chapter is that:

• Mao dated someone, but it turned out badly because it was about sex only.
  • Mao maybe knows that Yuuki is a former girl, seeing her reaction to Rinko's offhand comment.
  • Rinko was attracted to Yuuki mainly because of his somewhat feminine behavior, so maybe s/he's always been attracted to girls.

Dex-chan lover

• Mao maybe knows that Yuuki is a former girl, seeing her reaction to Rinko's offhand comment.
  • Rinko was attracted to Yuuki mainly because of his somewhat feminine behavior, so maybe s/he's always been attracted to girls.

Re: second point, I went back and skimmed through a bit (since it's been so long), but my guess is Mao doesn't just know Yuuki was a girl. I'm pretty sure Mao and Yuuki had a history based on everything so far. My feeling is that this is probably also related to the first point.

I'll also say this: It feels like Mao is more interested in being with girls than being with guys...

Dex-chan lover

In this case, you will have to conclude that all the girls who like gentle, courteous and attentive guys are hidden lesbians. Well, not to mention that “I liked his feminine side” does not mean “I liked him only or mainly because of that.” In fact, many people are attracted to androgyny in the opposite sex because it allows them to overcome anxiety and/or lack of experience with the opposite sex. For example, the ikemen onna and otokonoko types are so popular in Japan, not least because they allow you to emulate a fantasy where a handsome guy or cute girl can also understand you and share your thoughts and interests as a good BFF or bro. Contrary to all this "men are from Mars and women are from Venus" crap.

Re: second point, I went back and skimmed through a bit (since it's been so long), but my guess is Mao doesn't just know Yuuki was a girl. I'm pretty sure Mao and Yuuki had a history based on everything so far. My feeling is that this is probably also related to the first point.

I'll also say this: It feels like Mao is more interested in being with girls than being with guys...
I don't want to speculate on who company she's more interested in, since it could have a lot of different reasons, but the mention of the feminine side could very well be intended to remind Mao of Yuuki's past life.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Holy! Rinko filled the trash in her room! Her meat be like:

pium8J4.png

Dex-chan lover
It's amazing how much the vibe and emphasis of this conversation can change depending on whether we still perceive the MC as a girl or already as a guy. Just a mind game, lmao. Also, am I the only one who senses some kind of catch in her friend’s reaction? As if she has some kind of plans for the situation between MC and her crush.
It's been telegraphed that she likes Mino, so I think Mao senpai has more pain than a plan. Mao doesn't come across as trying to set up Yuuki with Mino. Even Mino's sexuality confusion cues were just recast as prefering sensitive boys, which only leaves Mao to support her. If Mao was to crack and lash out, she seems to recall Yuuki's birth sex and the simplest move is to bring it up in the transphobic kind of way. I doubt she's near that point but it would start a good conflict and forgiveness subplot.
While this seems to be expected, I had never thought before that women can constantly be the butt of lewd jokes over bananas. I even wonder if this can be compared with vulgar jokes about men and mayonnaise? Ugh, your culinary tastes can be so risqué depending on your gender...
Banana jokes and mouthfeel, I recognize, but mayo jokes? What. Culture shock. Fruit salad is the extent of my vocab.
In fact, many people are attracted to androgyny in the opposite sex because it allows them to overcome anxiety and/or lack of experience with the opposite sex.
Partial Counterpoint: Most people are gay in edge cases because gender and words aren't as real and clear as the attraction people feel towards traits. Those androgynous people aren't only a safe person to admire, or a sexual thrill; many people are broadly attracted to the androgynous person not as a substitute. People usually try to force their observations to fit the mental models and langauge they know. It can be a linguistic limit, repression, or both. A minority of people fit 100% sexuality standards.

Japanese culture and history has less repression of androgyny in entertainment, but the same mechanics underneath.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's been telegraphed that she likes Mino, so I think Mao senpai has more pain than a plan. Mao doesn't come across as trying to set up Yuuki with Mino. Even Mino's sexuality confusion cues were just recast as prefering sensitive boys, which only leaves Mao to support her. If Mao was to crack and lash out, she seems to recall Yuuki's birth sex and the simplest move is to bring it up in the transphobic kind of way. I doubt she's near that point but it would start a good conflict and forgiveness subplot.

Banana jokes and mouthfeel, I recognize, but mayo jokes? That a guy joke? What. Even lewd jokes have a gender culture gap huh.

Partial Counterpoint: Most people are at least slightly gay in edge cases because gender and words aren't as real and clear as the attraction people feel towards traits. Those androgynous people aren't only a safe person to admire, or a sexual thrill; many people are broadly attracted to the person not as a substitute. People usually try to force their observations to fit the mental models and langauge they know. It can be a linguistic limit, repression, or both. A minority of people fit 100% sexuality standards.

Japanese culture and history has less repression of androgyny in entertainment, but the same mechanics underneath.
I haven't tried to look that deep yet. It just seemed to me that her side of the conversation with MC was more cunning and subtle than she might have expected. Especially the last shot with a smile

I don't know how things are in your country, but in mine the joke about mayonnaise looking like sperm is one of the favorite jokes of any immature horny person. Therefore, many "manly men" are embarrassed to eat mayonnaise because they do not want to hear such jokes.

This "slighty gay" thing is the current attempt to fit everything into newfangled gender theories and so on, first creating countless social constructs, and then trying to fit into them real life, which is much more complex and varied and therefore does not want to conform to human limitations. Attraction to androgynous people of the opposite sex has been part of human psychology for centuries and is nothing unusual. Girls like gentle and cute guys because they seem safer, more caring and understandable to them, men like tomboys because of their aggressive sexuality and greater intimacy than the conventional girly girl, and so on.

Female heterosexuality is not limited to gentle maidens who like hot, muscular men. Just like male heterosexuality is not limited to hunk men who like curvy women. This is as silly and narrow-minded a stereotype as the belief that homosexual women must look like butchs and be radical feminists. People are much more diverse and complex than any system and concepts they have created.

Dex-chan lover
i think bananas started tasting gross to me after a certain age even when i get them in strawberry smoothies, but hopefully they can have a proper convo. although there's not rly a rush for it or so unless she's being pushed to join in on like some girl's trip to an onsen or so lol, but i wouldn't be telling anyone more than absolutely necessary til it became more 'obvious' that i looked like a totally diff person (sucky for ppl that liked looking androgynous tho i wouldnt' be surprised if there was makeup for crossdressers/drag and stuff to make ppl look like a certain way if they're unhappy with the changes but can't do anything about it)

Dex-chan lover
In this case, you will have to conclude that all the girls who like gentle, courteous and attentive guys are hidden lesbians. Well, not to mention that “I liked his feminine side” does not mean “I liked him only or mainly because of that.”
If that was the only insight we had into Mino's sexuality sure, but it's not. We've seen her be attracted almost exclusively to girls. We've seen her be confused as to why she isn't attracted to Yuuki in the same way. And now we've seen her saying that what attracted her to him in the first place was (at least partially) his femininity. Some people are just putting two and two together to make inferences.

Dex-chan lover
My current theory is that Mao and Yuuki were dating before Yuuki's sex change. Yuuki went through the sudden sex change and Mao felt obligated to stay with him at the time. Yuuki became more aggressively sexual (in reference to Mao's 'it became all about sex' line) and Mao wasn't into it (explaining Yuuki's imagining or possibly even flashbacking to Mao calling him disgusting while they're doing it) because Mao likes girls. Now, Mao likes Mino and Mino prettty clearly likes Mao, but the same thing that Mao perceives as ruining her first relationship is now happening to her current crush. Spicy if true.

Users who are viewing this thread