Watashitachi wa Moto Joshi desu - Ch. 13

Contributor
You give things a much deeper and greater meaning by trying to interpret them.
Isn’t that, like, all of literature? Like people go “oh the author just wanted to have the curtains be blue, it doesn’t actually mean anything” but that’s all art. We analyze what they mean, regardless of whether it was intended or not.

Aggregator gang
In reality, increased testosterone is not going to erase a sexual attraction to men (instead research shows that it would only increase it if anything)
it seems like the manga would be much more thematically cohesive if it turned out that Rinko always liked women but never understood her sexuality until it threatened to burst out of her pants, so to speak.
That's the only sensible explanation imo. She was never shown to feel sexual attraction to Yuuki before I think, just romantic, so it's certainly plausible that she just is unable to ignore/not notice and attraction to women she already had.

Dex-chan lover
What I took out of this chapter is that:

• Mao dated someone, but it turned out badly because it was about sex only.
  • Mao maybe knows that Yuuki is a former girl, seeing her reaction to Rinko's offhand comment.
  • Rinko was attracted to Yuuki mainly because of his somewhat feminine behavior, so maybe s/he's always been attracted to girls.
Basically...
Bisexuality.

Dex-chan lover
1) Rinko is like a cumming machine, good for them! Love to see a femme cum a lot
2) I do think Mao knows about Yuuki, but I also don't think it's more than just knows what happened.
3) Mao likes Rinko. It's been hint so far as end game with the way they were trying to tell her, and the way they fucking choked their gock out. It makes sense to me that Rinko likes Mao and Mao, knowing that Rinko likes Yuuki doesn't pursue, but knows that Yuuki hates femininity, hence the reaction.

Dex-chan lover
Isn’t that, like, all of literature? Like people go “oh the author just wanted to have the curtains be blue, it doesn’t actually mean anything” but that’s all art. We analyze what they mean, regardless of whether it was intended or not.
The very fact that you can analyze things, regardless of the real intentions of the author and your skills in analyzing art (failure to determine the conditional limit of acceptable reading is one of the most common mistakes in amateur analysis), does not make your analysis automatically valid and devoid of wishful thinking or digging too deep. Especially if you're actually trying to prove some concept or reading and aren't just speculating for the sake of speculating. There is a reason why people came up with Occam's Razor, for example.
That's the only sensible explanation imo. She was never shown to feel sexual attraction to Yuuki before I think, just romantic, so it's certainly plausible that she just is unable to ignore/not notice and attraction to women she already had.
"just romantic" - lol. I have a counter question, did we have to show her sexual attraction to him in order to “legalize” her objective romantic attraction? Let's be honest, if someone used such an argument in a any ship discussion in a regular manga thread, they would be mocked. If she showed the same "just romantic" attraction to other girls, then I'm more than confident that it would instantly be taken as confirmation without any pushing back of the gates and claiming that the character must show obvious sexual attraction in order to legitimize confirmed romantic feelings.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
Tbf, whether Mao is a lesbian, whether she dated a very horny female Yuuki (who admitted in a previous chapter that even before changing, they were a "perv"), whether she's now pining for Rinko and thinks that since she has no chance, she's going to support Yuuki x Rinko, whether Yuuki is now a lesbian "trapped in a man's body", whether Rinko is bisexual, a lesbian or it's only because she changed sex that girls give her hard on and she even used Mao as fap material, and finally, whether she's attracted to Yuuki because she's bi or because of Yuuki's has a somewhat feminine appeal and so she's always been unconsciously lesbian...

All of that is pure speculation and the author did a good job of leaving clues but no proofs. The only thing that's sure is that we should wait for them to clarify.

Dex-chan lover
Tbf, whether Mao is a lesbian, whether she dated a very horny female Yuuki (who admitted in a previous chapter that even before changing, they were a "perv"), whether she's now pining for Rinko and thinks that since she has no chance, she's going to support Yuuki x Rinko, whether Yuuki is now a lesbian "trapped in a man's body", whether Rinko is bisexual, a lesbian or it's only because she changed sex that girls give her hard on and she even used Mao as fap material, and finally, whether she's attracted to Yuuki because she's bi or because of Yuuki's has a somewhat feminine appeal and so she's always been unconsciously lesbian...

All of that is pure speculation and the author did a good job of leaving clues but no proofs. The only thing that's sure is that we should wait for them to clarify.
There is nothing wrong with the interpretations, especially if the work itself suggests some intricate psychological element. The problem is that we are all ordinary people without any (professional) skills in literary analysis. Often even without scientific analysis skills at all. Therefore, things very quickly become personal with all the ensuing consequences like protecting this or that narrative at any cost (which is always a bad sign of some "overheating" discussion over title). That is why we should wait for further development of the plot and clarification of previously raised issues, rather than start “religious wars” already in the 13th chapter, lmao.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's amazing how much the vibe and emphasis of this conversation can change depending on whether we still perceive the MC as a girl or already as a guy. Just a mind game, lmao. Also, am I the only one who senses some kind of catch in her friend’s reaction? As if she has some kind of plans for the situation between MC and her crush.

While this seems to be expected, I had never thought before that women can constantly be the butt of lewd jokes over bananas. I even wonder if this can be compared with vulgar jokes about men and mayonnaise? Ugh, your culinary tastes can be so risqué depending on your gender...
I mean, anyone who says they like bananas is bound to get made fun of.
Dude likes bananas: "GAAAAAY"
Girl likes bananas: "OMG you are so lewd~"

If you like bananas, just don't say it lol. Well, although it depends on the group of people. Some will not care, some will make jokes about it.

I wonder when Mao-senpai will get the news. If it's too soon, and they aren't close enough, it will harm the relationship. If it's too late, it will also harm the relationship. But you never really know if now is the right time, or if it would be better to wait some more.

Dex-chan lover
New cover art looks goofy, better than first one tho
I'm wondering if this will somehow represent the development of the story or if it's purely visual thing.

I mean, anyone who says they like bananas is bound to get made fun of.
Dude likes bananas: "GAAAAAY"
Girl likes bananas: "OMG you are so lewd~"

If you like bananas, just don't say it lol. Well, although it depends on the group of people. Some will not care, some will make jokes about it.

I wonder when Mao-senpai will get the news. If it's too soon, and they aren't close enough, it will harm the relationship. If it's too late, it will also harm the relationship. But you never really know if now is the right time, or if it would be better to wait some more.
I'm a very picky person, so if no one makes a joke about me, I'll still make one myself, lmao.

Dex-chan lover

"Curtains were just fucking blue" crowd did irrevocable damage to people's media analysis and literacy skills tbh.

Dex-chan lover
"Curtains were just fucking blue" crowd did irrevocable damage to people's media analysis and literacy skills tbh.
No less than people who abuse the death of the author to justify any of their speculations over popular works. As I said above, there is nothing wrong with an analysis and interpretation tool per se. But this should never become an indulgence for people who abuse it either due to ignorance or because of the desire to impose manipulative meanings and contexts on the media.

Users who are viewing this thread