what anime are you watching rn ?

Contributor
I had to forget about the upcoming autumm season, so I'm rewatching both Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Lycoris Recoil for starters. Maybe I counter-program the Ranma remake with the original one.

Dex-chan lover
Looking through LiveChart at the upcoming season, sorted by 'popularity' (...), and there's nothing in the first dozen that I'm going to commit to. I've given up on ReZero, I've given up on Is It Wrong..., and the first thing on the list that actually interests me is Dan Da Dan (CR), which is 13th on the list. :facepalm: Peak fantasy is a bad time to be an anime fan.

Ranma 1/2 (Netflix) is... 35th by popularity? Jesus. (Also, primed for disappointment on that one.)

Maybe Magilumiere (Prime - why?) will be worth watching (I enjoy the manga), but it could also turn into a bit of a slog depending on how they do it.

PUNIRU WILL REDEEM THE SEASON. And Reincarnated As A Cat. (Please be worthwhile, one of you? Also please be picked up somewhere?) And some Hanako shorts (CR).

...how the actual fuck is there this much coming out and yet so little that seems worthwhile? :wtf:

Contributor
Looking through LiveChart at the upcoming season, sorted by 'popularity' (...), and there's nothing in the first dozen that I'm going to commit to. I've given up on ReZero, I've given up on Is It Wrong..., and the first thing on the list that actually interests me is Dan Da Dan (CR), which is 13th on the list. :facepalm: Peak fantasy is a bad time to be an anime fan.

Ranma 1/2 (Netflix) is... 35th by popularity? Jesus. (Also, primed for disappointment on that one.)

Maybe Magilumiere (Prime - why?) will be worth watching (I enjoy the manga), but it could also turn into a bit of a slog depending on how they do it.

PUNIRU WILL REDEEM THE SEASON. And Reincarnated As A Cat. (Please be worthwhile, one of you? Also please be picked up somewhere?) And some Hanako shorts (CR).

...how the actual fuck is there this much coming out and yet so little that seems worthwhile? :wtf:
What's hilarious is the fact that in this upcoming season "sekai" (world, from isekai titles) has a draw with "ao" (blue), 3:3. Clearly a lot of diversity and originality out there... what I'm surprised is that you won't try the Panda series.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
--looks at anime release date on Wikipedia
--Spring 2006
--was four years past college graduation

Goddammit I need to stop looking at dates on old anime. :haa:
I stopped looking at years, so I bought myself an analog watch to focus only on the present time!

Dex-chan lover
I have a gut feeling that Harapeko manga will get animated... and will end in ways Usagi Drop cartions can't do in the time.

Dex-chan lover
I very rarely watch anime these days. Watching Frieren. Excited about s2 of Dungeon Meshi.

Pretty much the only anime I've watched in several years that aren't adapted from western IP (like Edgerunners).

Dex-chan lover
the only anime I watched this entire year were tensura season 3, kill me baby and dungeon people

2 of those I watched in early 2024, dungeon people is the one I watched through my "all-nighter" back in august

Dex-chan lover
I feel you on that, I've only watched like 5 anime this year. :aquadrink:

But I am excited about watching the new Madoka★Magica movie that's finally coming out in 2025. :02:
I was a huge Spice and Wolf head back in the day, and I'm not even watching the remake.

I watched so much trash when I was younger and I don't want to waste that kind of time anymore. I'm not going to watch a Valvrave or an 11eyes or a Wizard Barristers and realize afterwards I didn't enjoy myself at all.

Contributor
I'd like a skip button for certain seasons, worse case scenario I rewatch one of my favourites. Right now I'm debating which one, I promised Panda to get back to Ranma 1/2 to ignore the remake even harder, but I may go first with something older or shorter.

Fed-Kun's army
It is not as exciting as the first time
... in fact, it is trudging uphill.

I skipped all the back story episodes. It was interesting, character building and messed up the first time. The second time, it's a chore to watch it again.

Dex-chan lover
Netflix actually features better than average anime these days. By that, I mean they do not have I Parry Everything... yet.

Dex-chan lover
No, you made a WISE decision. Quit while your head is in one piece. Rebooting and watching a new show like Dan Da Dan == better. Dan Da Dan hypes like how RE Zero was the hype in 2015. 10 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread