What do you do with your old technology?

Fed-Kun's army
What do you do with your old relics, unused laptops, disused towers, under done servers
what is it you do with them after your use case for them has stopped?

Dex-chan lover
I donate it to friends or throw it into the trash. It's not like I have the expertise or time to make use of old tech, and for organization-sake I do periodic cleaning, so I tend to donate/throw away stuff before it piles up somewhere in my house.

I either sell them or donate them. As for laptops, I try to keep them around in the hope I can repair them, but I kill every windows laptop I touch. Mostly I try to refurbish what I can though, I like to switch around devices from time to time.

Double-page supporter
turn em into hosting servers, or media centers for family. my website started from just steam link, and then eventually i just took it out of my room, gave it a ton of storage, and then host all my anime there.

Double-page supporter
Usually I use them until they stop working so I think trash? Don't actually remember throwing things away

My old smartphones are still in my there tho, I hope I can recover the files

Group Leader
I just store my old chonky laptop to my tech corner. When I see it again, I honor it after it's service to me.

So far... most old tech i stopped using broke. Old laptop died of iGPU failure (2nd gen i5). Old phone has a broken screen, but like that broke that it hurts my fingers if I use it...

Dex-chan lover
I can't throw this out,
It might be useful later!
I'll store it somewhere....
eoabdsrf6p841.jpg

I can't throw this out,
It might be useful later!
I'll store it somewhere....
eoabdsrf6p841.jpg
Where did you get a picture of my drawer from?? :D
I often intend to sell things on, or throw them out, but most of the time I just think "maybe that will be useful some day" and into a drawer or cupboard it goes. Still, if ever some huge bank with an ancient server powering everything suffers a RAM failure, hanging on to that old DDR2 stick might just have been worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread