Wortenia Senki - Vol. 5 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
If you can't control it, then get rid of it.
Giving him a problematic land is just a temporary solution.
The queen better find someone that can match him, maybe through political marriage or something.

Fed-Kun's army
@Trov Uhm, it's a war? How did he not put his life on the line to fight? He might be crazy strong that doesn't make him an immortal. He was in a war.. Ya know that one thing that people die in? Regardless of how he got into the situation he put his life on the line for that lady, because he was standing on her side of the battlefield and fought maybe for himself but at the same time for her, because in the end she is in fact the queen of the winning side he fought for. What I was getting at was that they immediately went to the worst case scenario rather than actually trying to win him over or get him to serve the country in any capacity. Instead, they give him a shitty title and land to tie him down to there kingdom in a sense.
@wankerLin Naaa, I highly doubt he would accept any form of marriage and I also think if they do find someone that can match him, that person wont be able to match him for long.

Dex-chan lover
There is no way this is going to backfire on the bitch queen at all, not a single way. Right?

Fed-Kun's army
@codydub03
Pay attention to my words. I said he didn't put his life on the line for her. Even if she died, if he could complete his objective, it wouldn't matter.

Fed-Kun's army
Dang. I dunno. Yeah, if were the kingdom, the fear of Ryouma going back against them is still a possibility so the decision to put him in a cage and shackle would be the applicable (desperate to be honest) decision here but not smart. Definitely not a smart move to let a lion like Ryouma to stay in your kingdom while backstabbing him little by little.

Aggregator gang
@wankerLin that actually a problem after WW2 you know when General are too popular if dont want to say that they command more than half of Military personal like Zukov and Douglas MacArthur, put them in the cage for is a need

Aggregator gang
Yeah yeah, go trust the guy that tried tô fuck u up early... Very smart..

This is gonna bite the queen in the ass can already see it. As much as I love Ryouma and Elena having a son and mother relationship am I the only one who wished for them to get married? They seem suitable for each other but wouldn't be appropriate though since she's still grieving over her lost ones.

Dex-chan lover
You know you fucked up when you give the MC land to get him out of the way, but it's the land the manga's named after.

She really shoulda looked at the cover.

Double-page supporter
I can't say I'm fond of the divergences the LN took from the WN. Here Sudo is too involved in chapters 22 and 25.

Ryouma would get better position if he was seduce the princess like any isekai protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
@dreminh That's been a problem for as long as recorded history. There are ancient Greek poems from the Olympics warning the champion's by name not to let their fame and influence go to their heads and start a revolution.

Also are we ever going to see more of the fake princess? That was such a specific plot point and important to our protagonist's involvement, but it never came up again.

@woodrabbit He's not exactly a Lothario.

Funny how people call her "bitch queen" and so on.
She just does what's most sensible to weaken and keep in control someone that's stronger than her. She has no indication of what he wants to do, and he's frighteningly powerful and intelligent. He could assassinate her tomorrow if he decided to, or dethrone her, and she's well aware of this.

She's made into the villain, but there's not much else she can do to try and keep the throne.

Dex-chan lover
again, fuck the queen with a cactus, she's actually dumb, she allows the sketchy dude to be beside her and basically exiles the mc, fuck her. And man i love elena

@Vykos I was just going to ask about what's wrong with the land given to him, thanks for the explanation.

It's not common to see a series with a dumb queen.

well after read some comments how the queen did something stupid to him I was expecting her been manipulated or been influenced by someone but....
hell she is taking all the considerations to self preservation as a ruler and what she did was the right choice for what I see in the manga.
ryoma is to much of a loose canon to let it free and the points are correct he needs to be chain but also away from influence.
he will be her down fall later on (my presumption I don't know what happens later) but her choice change when this could happen.
if she will grants him something worth the noble will end her.... and he is ether way no loyal to her.
he could turn on her, she is young not influential enough and he has no reason to be loyal to her.
she is no charismatic enough to turn him loyal so..... still a problem.
try to assassinate him and fail will just accelerate her down fall because he will retaliate sooner.
she did the right choice while she grows her influence and strength, this should slow his grown.
I found the result a sound political choice and ryoma knows it.
what was done to ryoma is very common on politics. Rising stars were done, get done and will be done this way in real life.

Dex-chan lover
@Lenk
It should be good plan to buy some time and strengthen her power... if she had ability to make it works. But nope, she failed from the get-go: she is a mediocre ruler, her loyal subordinates are idiots, and she left the tumor (fake princess and traitorous nobles) roaming free. It's like trying 3D puzzle when she can't even handle tic-tac-toe.
So instead of buying more time, she only bought enmity from MC.

Btw, she didn't actually think thoroughly. It's very different between "think properly but still do it" and "just scared and grab any possible lifeline".

Users who are viewing this thread