Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 13 Ch. 156 - Tokio-kun Wants To Stay By Chita-san's Side

Dex-chan lover
Gonna piggyback off of what another person said, I highly doubt she’s gay. She’s just really good friends with Toyo and Anjou and she’s still not ready for a relationship with Chita yet. We’ve seen her throughout her time in the story that she’s not mature, to the point of being childish when anything gets serious and doesn’t want her closest friends leaving her behind. She’s afraid of what comes next and what it entails, so she stays in this state, content on the surface and fearful underneath.

Dex-chan lover
Regardless of her sexual orientation, Chii's volatile and, dare I say, delusional nature really overshadows the redeeming moments she's had. Such a dramatic shift from her early counseling of Seto is only believable if one takes the stance of her being irrationally consumed by her fear of change. Now, that's not unreasonable, or bad writing, just... Tedious to wade through. I absolutely love this manga, but I feel its currently in danger of "overdoing" it with Chii to the point of making her unsalvageable. That is to say, who cares about her growth and "redemption". Its safe to say all the characters have a fear of change and progress to different degrees, but Chii resists so much more than any of the others, and for less demonstrable rational reason that it becomes irritating rather than endearing.

In the event Chii IS gay... Its disappointing in that she's essentially just another stalker, "just a friend" cliche character. I would honestly be surprised by that, and feel it was a wasted opportunity. Apart from feeling bad for Tokio, I would mostly be indifferent.

I'm much more invested in the other two pairings, but best of luck Tokio... May you get what you ask for, hopefully you want what you get.:haa:

As ever, thank you for scanlating.

Dex-chan lover
Tokyo, my man, I think it's time to start trying to move on. She is either incapable of picking up what you are obviously putting down, or she ignores it on purpose. Either way, she's not into you.

They are my, by far, least favorite couple. I started to dislike Chii in general. Lately, she is just killing everybody's vibe in every scene she's in. She takes away chapters from other couples and interrupts them in their chapters on top of that.

Dex-chan lover
Dude, maybe, just maybe you should give up... And if you don't want regrets stat it directly (don't remember if he was really direct) and follow up after getting rejected

Dex-chan lover
I really am close to being done with Chita, to the point where any chapter she is in I'll just page flip unless it's something actually important. Her character can be redeemed, and she has had good moments, but all the good moments of hers are muddled by the gag side character schtick

Dex-chan lover
Chita certainly is immature in how she approaches relationships and those that affect her friendship. I forget, is she younger than the other Anjou and Toyoda? That kinda explains the more childish nature.

Idk, these two are kinda meandering in where they're going with their relationship, if there's even anything worth working towards at this point. Chita definitely seems to be aware of the feelings Tokio has.

But it feels like a big nothing Burger, and I'm nowhere near as invested in this couple as I am in the other two couples.

Users who are viewing this thread