Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 13 Ch. 162 - Toyoda-san Wants to Pull Gacha with Inuyama-kun

Could you just slightly tone down her colloquialisms please? I know you're not the prior group and have your own style, but I was stumbling over her sentences and had to reread a couple because it was just so much. Otherwise lovely job and thank you for carrying on with this!

Dex-chan lover
Still can't believe people get salty over sniping 💀
Like it's already basically pirating comics then the pirates get mad when other pirates show up 💀
Because with all the series that are abandoned, or completely untouched, it's stupid to double up work on a series. Really simple concept, champ. Don't know why I have to post this every time some speedscan reading mong goes "uh bluh duh me read thing same anyways why people no like dem!??" but for some reason incredibly basic, obvious ideas fly over the heads of morons.

Dex-chan lover
LETS GOOO!!!

Finally Inuyama is one of the normies. While Im still one of the forsaken, but oh well, at least my ship did sail.

Dex-chan lover
Could you just slightly tone down her colloquialisms please?
Toyoda speaks perfectly normally through most of the manga. But when she's embarrassed she slips back into her regional accent. I think it's a bit easier to show that off in japanese, but the english translators are kinda forced to push it a little. Especially for a situation as significant as in this chapter.

Anyway, future chapters should be mostly easier on that front. (although considering it's Inuyama on the other end, we know for sure there will be more tense moments)

Dex-chan lover
Because with all the series that are abandoned, or completely untouched, it's stupid to double up work on a series. Really simple concept, champ. Don't know why I have to post this every time some speedscan reading mong goes "uh bluh duh me read thing same anyways why people no like dem!??" but for some reason incredibly basic, obvious ideas fly over the heads of morons.
While I don't care about dumb "unwritten rules" like "wait 3 months before taking up abandoned series" and "ask for permission" and so on, but sniping of regularly updated series is dumb for the reasons you mentioned, and if quality is lower it also degrades the experience for every reader with no upside, while original quality team gets demotivated.

This case however was far worse, because it was sniping with a chapter skip and lower quality of translation, so the important emotional moment of manga was spoiled by lack of context from previous chapter compounded by low quality, resulting in many people going "what did she mean? what happened?".

Not to mention, the update interface doesn't show if there is a chapter skip, so I went into that chapter all confused.

Toyoda speaks perfectly normally through most of the manga. But when she's embarrassed she slips back into her regional accent. I think it's a bit easier to show that off in japanese, but the english translators are kinda forced to push it a little. Especially for a situation as significant as in this chapter.

Anyway, future chapters should be mostly easier on that front. (although considering it's Inuyama on the other end, we know for sure there will be more tense moments)
I see, I just didn't remember it being this strong. But I can imagine it's difficult to translate into English. English language entertainment media rarely seems to use regional dialects in written form

Supporter
I’m so confused? Is she asexual or just nervous? Or just wants to be friends and also date? Huh? I know im dumb but she is all over the place
You are not dumb. :( I think she is just nervous. Her only frame of reference for intimacy that is relatable to her age is her best friend, Anjou. Anjou is always talking about how heavily she flirts with Seto all the time, and Toyoda is not ready for that level of intimacy. She was just not sure how to communicate that to Inuyama, it seems. They are definitely a couple now, which is fantastic, just going at their own pace: ALSO MARVELOUS.

Double-page supporter
t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread