Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 13 Ch. 162 - Toyoda-san Wants to Pull Gacha with Inuyama-kun

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully we get the same chapter seto got when he broke the news to everyone. Also if Chita flipped out at finding out inuyama confessed to Toyoda, I can only imagine her reaction to Toyoda accepting his confession lol. Hopefully this is a wake up call for her and we get some Chita/Tokio progress eventually.

Dex-chan lover
Come on people be nice to each other, don't ruin the 'mood' 😝 the outside world is harsh enough, let's atleast try to be civil here. (Yes I know it's the internet so fat chance 😑) Gheh heh heh.

Dex-chan lover
Finally. I'm ecstatic for this development. I loved how different their progression was from Seto and Anna, and how clearly different their relationship development will be. One of the major reasons I find this work so compelling is all the variations on a theme that it provides. Yes, Seto and Anna are the titular MCs, but Inuyama and Toyoda (and likely Chi and Tokio) are more than what can fairly be described as simple side characters. The level of contrast and perspective is not only vibrant in itself, but accents the "primary" relationship in so many ways. That being said... The next potential match of the series also would appear to be the most problematic; even more so than Seto's crippling insecurity and self-image issues. Chi is hard to like, and while she has some few supporting moments, her own insecurity can become tedious at times. But, the mangaka has impressed me thus far, so I'll happily see what they come up with.

As ever, thank you for scanlating, and again sincere thanks for stepping up to take this one on @stupid_chris .

Group Leader
bro's got anus eyes
bmrs18.png

Dex-chan lover
I’ve seen what Jackoff here has written on previous chapters, I think they’re just a coom brained retard who has to force diverse sexuality into their mindset when they read shit.

”this character said yuri as a joke, they’re gay and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.” Kind of shit.
Oh it's you! I knew I remembered that stupid yakuza icon from a year ago. Man you've been an idiot all this time eh? wow

Fed-Kun's army
LETS GO

She's just making sure Inuyama understands that their relationship won't be like Seto & Anjou's in terms of the rapid escalation of physical intimacy. She wants to be with him, romantically and all, and that's pretty clear:

• She's never had a boyfriend. She has shot down anyone who's confessed to her. She's cold to everyone but turns into a maiden with Inuyama
  • Has gone on a date with him and encouraged it lasting longer (asking "want to look at the art again")
  • Talks to herself and her dolls about kissing him.
  • Wants to go to the same university as him.
  • Asked him to go to the same summer course.
She's obviously head over heels for him. She just doesn't know it cause she has zero experience. She also doesn't know how to deal with physical intimacy, so she's making sure Inuyama knows it'll be a process to get to that point.
There was another translation of this chapter previously which was a lot more confusing in that regard, but this one was much clearer about her feelings. I think your interpretation is spot on.

I’m so confused? Is she asexual or just nervous? Or just wants to be friends and also date? Huh? I know im dumb but she is all over the place
I think she's just not ready to be physical, I mean she is a high school girl, and Japanese people are typically more reserved when it comes to like PDA and shit (Anjou is a bit of an outlier). possibly more cutesy romantic shit will come down the road, but they like spending time with each other, and that's all you need for a relationship at that age anyways.

Dex-chan lover
I am not ready to go back to Chita's side story, I am fatigued when it comes to her. I also hope that we get some more chapters to flesh out Toyoda, and Inuyama relationship going forward from this point.
Unfortunately, in a very realistic/organic sense, Inu/Toyo's start of relationship is the perfect springboard for diving into the mess that is Chi/Tokio. The catalytic effects are almost unavoidable; the more her friends progress, mature, "grow apart" from her and change, the worse her insecurities are likely to get, and I don't find it likely for the author to intentionally avoid what will be a "major" arc. That being said, I can see it being done in at least partially the same way as the last arc, the primary theme staying consistent while interspersed with vignettes of the others. So I expect you'll get more of what you (and many of us) want, but in the midst of what will likely be a long road with Chi. Alternatively, the focus may shift back to Seto and Anna with their reactions and situation for an "interlude", I don't think we'll get pure Inu/Toyo in a large dose. I just find the Chi mess unavoidable for long with all the occurrences.

Fed-Kun's army
The fact that this question was asked is so wild to me. Like, five years ago, the idea thst she might be asexual would not have been on the average reader's mind. Now the 'possibly LGBTQ+??' lens infects all of our readings.

To be fair, her being more ambivalent about skinship is cause she's on a different part of the spectrum than Anjou - like Anjou was very touchy w/ Seto even before they started dating & just in general reads more comfortable w/ touch. Granted, I really like what feels like a trend of showing different styles of being in relationships.

Users who are viewing this thread