Yancha Gal no Anjou-san

MC relationship is so boring and stagnant. They really need to do something. A fight, an actual confession/dating, something. I honestly care more about the side character relationships since theres actual development and potential for growth.

Aggregator gang
Comment section is apparently full of Chad bros. Cause holy shit these are some hottakes. And I'm normally the guy who makes the hottakes. We get it, you don't like it then stop reading. You don't need to call people cucks to justify why you are continuing to read this. No reason to tell everyone else something is wrong with them for reading this. That's kind of fucked up

I'm sure lots of guys relate to ML in the sense of being unable to make a move and can't deal with intimacy. I get why it's popular.

Aggregator gang
@maisonaustyn It is really annoying, and I don’t wanna be the guy that says “if you don’t like it stop reading” since people can do what they want on their free time. I think it’s fair to criticize something you read but when it comes to these comments on series like this, I generally wonder why they stick around and repeat at nauseam that the MC being a beta. Wow, you’re breaking new ground here!

They are having a poll on which manga to have an adaptation and one of them is anjou-san
Poll: https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/

Its #97

the friends have some actual development in their relation between eachother, main characters just constantly teases but literally nothing ever changes

I love Anjou san but man the main character is a drag. They keep pushing him a little further, but then he immediately regresses the next chapter. Like in the "Best Couple Contest" arc they were such a good pair, Minor Spoilers: Anjou gives Seto a new hairdo and takes off his new glasses and he looks downright Chad, then he falls on stage in front of everybody but she keeps supporting him, it was so sweet and I was really interested to see where they went next, then the next chapter he has his old hair and glasses again lmao. At least Seto is getting more confident with his complements and stuff. I will continue to read it, I enjoy it a lot, I love looking at all of the drawings of Anjou san, her design is beautiful and the illustrator is super talented

Edit: I read about 20 more chapters and I already like it way more, Seto is more confident and dresses better, also kinda like the Toyoda subplot but Inumaya is so weird lol. This is a good manga but its not perfect. Definitely recommended, especially if you wanna see some fantastic art. The illustrator is amaaaazing, Raw talent

Dex-chan lover
The only thing I hate about these teasing plots, in when the FMC does something sexual or romantic towards the MMC and literally tells the dude she's not joking but then he replies "HUH!??" or "Your just teasing me again", sometimes the FMC fully tells them a second time but I honestly don't find that type of "cat and mouse" game satisfying to read, maybe in the early parts is fine but almost 100 chapters deep? Come on dude.

Seto, in this 30s, after Anjou has his 3rd child: "Maybe I do love her, but there's no way she likes me... "

You know I can read this and enjoy it without any expectations since the story appears to be frozen in time anyway, and I actually like Seto as a person a lot having known a lot of really good people like this in my youth, but I have to say it really makes me ask some questions about this person writing the story.

I think perhaps the author's utter cowardice when it comes to giving Seto any chance at asserting himself is rooted entirely in his/her belief that the manga ends just because the two lead characters finally begin a relationship. And if they believe that, then they have a middle schooler's understanding of relationships and romance. It's honestly really unfortunate that so many authors actually believe that a romance story ends at confession, which is pretty pathetic, since navigating a functional relationship is a much much bigger, deeper and more compelling story.

But at the end of the day, they can't all be Horimiya, I guess.

Ugh I still cant continue this series cause of the still missing chapter 36. Someone please get missing chapters added so people can finish reading.

@OuterRem it seems to be a pretty common theme in the Japanese romance genre. It kinda reminds of the way many Western fairy tales end "...and they all lived happily ever after" and it got me thinking that many mangaka are producing what are essentially modern romantic fairy tales. I agree with you when you say maintaining the relationship is the deeper story but I think that concept does not fit the genre of "fairy tale romance" this story falls into. We really need two romance tags "fairy tale romance" tag and a "realistic relationships".

Fed-Kun's army
wait so what I've heard is the romance is only teasing?

in 80+ chapters there's no progress?

Users who are viewing this thread