Zangyaku Sugiru Isekai demo Suzuki wa Kawaii - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
Reminder that this world was intended to be
"A messed up world where I can beat the shit out of cunts" -Sakaki
Which sounds like the world is originally a grimdark one.
The MC's ability kinda threw a wrench into how that world would usually go, since it's a world where massacring the shite outta the demons would be the correct option (The more classical route), but now there is a spark of hope that maybe the demons have the possibility of being changed from the inside.

Suzuki is a MC that, while originally intending to just laze around and be irresponsible, rose to the occasion of not accepting the cruelties of the demons that treat him well.
A normal MC would likely relativize the cruelty towards humans with some of the lines spoken here in the comment section and enjoy his slave & demon harem, but Suzuki doesn't, elevating him to a hero in spirit, that you can root for.

Also what the actual fuck?
Why are you trying to justify the atrocities demons commit unto humans? They are pretty much inexcusable and will need a lot of change and reparations from the demons to even alleviate.
Has the reading of the anti-human stories really rotted your brain this much? Or do you still think that HFY's existence justifies this shit?
Holy hell, get your Misanthropy checked out.

Dex-chan lover
I really love how dark this series is and how he never gets a true win. In that manner it is very realistic.
Shame that it’s only an ad for a light novel.

Thanks for the translation everyone over at kagenihisomi

Dex-chan lover
Damn, just when you’re close to thinking that it‘s just another fluffy isekai they real quick sever someones achilles tendons

But you know what? I appreciate it, makes the whole story a lot more imteresting imo

Dex-chan lover
He is still using his cheat skill and have come this far thanks to it or he would have been dead since the first chapter.... just because it's a passive cheat skill is not any different...
All the skill does is make them like him and stop them from killing him, and it doesn't even work on everyone. It only affects demons and only those in a certain state of mind and it won't even stop THEM from beating him up under the right circumstances. That's the anti-thesis of what a cheat skill is supposed to do. The skill only acts as a basic premise for the series to exist, and so far no reason else. The character still has to deal with monsters doing monstrous things one way or another.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how the author plans to resolve the whole thing of demons being irredeemable murderers?

Cause clearly the protag's power to charm them does not actually stop them from doing their evil deeds at all.

Will he have to fight them as villains?
I mean, from what we know the human would possibly do the same if they won the war.
Its all about perspective

Dex-chan lover
Infact the manga adaption is only 11 chapters long. :ROFLMAO:

Sidenote, maybe an anime adaption will cover more.
There's only 2 light novel volumes so far (doesn't say whether it's completed), and it looks like it was serialized from last year (2022). With the manga being so short already, I can't say whether an anime is likely to happen right now.

Dex-chan lover
I really like how they show how "special" the MC is, is like you bring a dog so your son does not get lonely, but we need to castrate the dog since having pups is really a bother, in the end the MC is not quite human in the eyes of the demons. Also I like the MC`s reactions so far, not too coward and not too fearless

Contributor
There's only 2 light novel volumes so far (doesn't say whether it's completed), and it looks like it was serialized from last year (2022). With the manga being so short already, I can't say whether an anime is likely to happen right now.

I see, so maybe is too early, or if the novel adaption do not get updated they can just make a short tv serie like Cautious Hero with an ending based on creator guidelines.

Dex-chan lover
I am actually surprised that everybody is angry about this level of atrocities when previously they mention eating people, literal mass murder and messed up torture.

Also it's not like this level of slave mutilation didn't happen in our world where humans did(and probably still do) that to other humans.

Hyyyym I would say that I the author is treading the line but it is not crossing it for now(although the torturer lady was really close) and if he won't try to pretend that everything is a-okey and let's forgot how messed up deamons are I am fine with that.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like while the premise is being executed well here, the inherent tension is going to make it really impossible for it to be a satisfying read. While it's possible it might go all Dao on us and the demons will be reborn as they understand kindness, it looks like they fundamentally don't get it and instead care only about hierarchy and ownership. Which will lead to Suzuki physically beating or even killing the people who we've gotten to know because they like him and treat him well. That's uncomfortable, and while an uncomfortable read isn't necessarily a bad read, the vibes here are off.

MD@Home
Anyone know where you can read the web novel? I've been looking but no luck 😔

Dex-chan lover
why is silver above diamond????
I was just reading to see what happens at the end of this chapter.....I'm mad how I overlooked that and didn't even question it

WHY TF IS SILVER A HIGHER RANK THAN DIAMOND????

Why is bronze lower than iron???

Now this shit gave me a headache

Dex-chan lover
I was just reading to see what happens at the end of this chapter.....I'm mad how I overlooked that and didn't even question it

WHY TF IS SILVER A HIGHER RANK THAN DIAMOND????

Why is bronze lower than iron???

Now this shit gave me a headache
Probably there is no/low demands for Diamond and bronze in that world.
Less than Silver and Iron at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread