Zangyaku Sugiru Isekai demo Suzuki wa Kawaii - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
i feel terrible for the princess, those kinds of injuries always hit me really hard (i mean injuries meant to maim you in really terrible ways) it's just so fucked up

Dex-chan lover
Multilating slaves so they can't run is not unheard of in history, or in the modern day. Still, it's so disturbing to see it done in a frivolous manga that I'd almost rather not read any further. Almost.
I actually like that they aren't pulling their punches. It's simply a matter of show don't tell. It shows us what he's fighting for, why he needs to work harder and how much harder it will be to succeed than he thought because of how normal she considers this. This had an impact that simply saying "something bad happened to her" never could, it also shows that while we know MC will probably be fine the supporting cast might not be. It's nice to read a manga with some actual stakes. Also the contrast between the carefree cute stuff and the brutality makes this hit a lot harder. So I wouldn't call the use of this frivolous at all. It's a writing choice that makes perfect sense to me and fits well with what I think the writers trying to accomplish.

It could have gone a much more edgy route. He could have been forced to be the one to mutilate or otherwise. As it is, it does a good job of riding that line where it is dark, but not stupidly so.

I don't see the cuteness is power thing being a catch all thing for his own situation either. Besides indirect methods or forcing through sheer willpower, there is a question of "does intent matter?" This is particularly important if any of the demon women end up attracted to him as more than just a cute thing.

Supporter
if he would do some strength training and not swing a wood sword for a million times, maybe the result could be better....

I love all of the characters so much. Especially the bronze troop, they're such cuties. The skelly with a moustache stole my heart. :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
I was praying, hoping gregorio would be a guy and a cool master, and was immediately cock blocked when she poofed into a women

Dex-chan lover
An Isekai where a protagonist puts in EFFORT to succeed rather than it just being given to him through the power of HAX and cheat skills? What am I reading? How dare this author make an actual story with an isekai.
i feel like the manga itself just said effort is useless here tho lol. i agree with you that him not getting physical HAX is good, but the training (at least in that regard) is pointless

Dex-chan lover
Reminder that this world was intended to be

Which sounds like the world is originally a grimdark one.
The MC's ability kinda threw a wrench into how that world would usually go, since it's a world where massacring the shite outta the demons would be the correct option (The more classical route), but now there is a spark of hope that maybe the demons have the possibility of being changed from the inside.

Suzuki is a MC that, while originally intending to just laze around and be irresponsible, rose to the occasion of not accepting the cruelties of the demons that treat him well.
A normal MC would likely relativize the cruelty towards humans with some of the lines spoken here in the comment section and enjoy his slave & demon harem, but Suzuki doesn't, elevating him to a hero in spirit, that you can root for.

Also what the actual fuck?
Why are you trying to justify the atrocities demons commit unto humans? They are pretty much inexcusable and will need a lot of change and reparations from the demons to even alleviate.
Has the reading of the anti-human stories really rotted your brain this much? Or do you still think that HFY's existence justifies this shit?
Holy hell, get your Misanthropy checked out.
i wonder if humans have done similar things to the demons? there seems to be a pretty big gap in power so i doubt it, but i feel like humanity wouldn't treat the demons much differently. ofc, this is all speculation, and we can only talk about the evil we can see in front of us

Dex-chan lover
'Sup bartender, it's been a while. Three shots please, that was a rollercoaster and my insides are churning uncomfortably.

1. God, seeing Exelia have her tendons cut caught me off guard. It's an undeniable cruelty, but only an everyday thing for demonkind's slaves. Imagining her being cut on both feet with only chains, a saw, and no anesthesia... on top of the fcked mobility and the fact that she won't even try to run, no wonder Suzuki reacted that way.

2. Suzuki took his unfair reality in full force and it just hurts. Maybe at that point, he's only destined to work in vain for the rest of time, never acquiring the strength needed to stand up and protect. "Let's find another way" is good advice, albeit a hopeless struggle when you don't even know what else to do.

3. ...That is, unless something unexpected like Gregorio's true form. If this is a powerup, then how tf will he get it? This is interesting

....Fwooh~ I'm smashed right now, bartender. I'll get going, my good sir. Next chapter awaits 🍺

Users who are viewing this thread