Jimoto no Ijimekko-tachi ni Shikaeshi Shiyou to Shitara, Betsu no Tatakai ga Hajimatta. - Ch. 29 - The ski battle has begun (Part 2)

Supporter
Ya know, with how often Japanese word play comes into... play because of similar pronunciation, I'm starting to think romcom protagonists aren't actually dense.
Between that, implied direct objects and that irrational hatred of pronouns, I sometimes dunno how anyone gets anything important across.

Dex-chan lover
isnt suki pronounced like ski? this makes sense and isn't dumb in the context, dude probably was just think she almost died skiing

Dex-chan lover
Thank the god school rumble is one of the earliest anime I watch. I could see about ski pun from a miles away. I don't bring shame to the way of weeb.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

LOL kinda expected that to happen. I knew Kotarou is aware of Kanae's shortcomings and now he actually scored points again but sadly he is too dense about it :kek:
And yes, this is one of those 'hidden tropes' in romcoms, the 'ski' events. As explained in the end notes, SUKI and SUKII are actually too close and we'll find this used once in a while in these awkward parts of a romcom as both 'development' and 'stretch' (i.e. to extend the story without causing awkwardness between a harem member and MC) - basically preserving the status quo but giving the fans a bit of dokidoki moment.

P.S. I was also expecting they would get stranded in a cabin or something but this scenario of Kanae fainting probably makes things simpler

Dex-chan lover
LMAO
predictable but still LMAO
fuck it I'm betting this gonna go the route of Dakara Boku wa, H, ga Dekinai

Dex-chan lover
b66rlTi.png

Kanae in ABSOLUTE shambles :aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink:

Aggregator gang
Its all a nonsense a completely nonsense, why im a here just to suffer. Thx for the TL (y)

Users who are viewing this thread