I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 40 - Dancing Maiden

Dex-chan lover
Each time this shows up in my feed, I just sing "I'm in loooove, with the villainess" (replacing "with a fairy taaale~"). Anyone else?

Also, that moment when TMW you realize the title is actually the one for "I favour the villainess", with the title mistranslated :wowee:

Group Leader
Each time this shows up in my feed, I just sing "I'm in loooove, with the villainess" (replacing "with a fairy taaale~"). Anyone else?

Also, that moment when TMW you realize the title is actually the one for "I favour the villainess", with the title mistranslated :wowee:
The definition of 'oshi' is still debatable since it's a culture that originated in Japan and has no direct equivalent in english cultures. The translation ranges from stan, idol, favorite, to 'oshi' (as in without needing to be translated).

Dex-chan lover
It’s kind of funny, even though it makes no sense in the story, the TL purposely made the audience immediately switch to using the correct pronoun despite literally going “but wait is that a girl?” After calling them “She” over and over.

even though it makes no sense, you’d rather not misgender her in a single sentence then have the entire story line makes sense. Kind of fitting.

Dex-chan lover
hum a convent isn't a "dating site". it's closer to a prison...hope they leave that place...
Historically becoming a nun was one of the few legal ways for women to avoid having to marry a man, so I don't think the implication here is that these two are incarcerated in any sense. If anything, it ensures that they can be together without having to worry about either of them being pressured into marriage. The main negative consequence is that they have to drop out of the academy, but they might still be able rise in the ranks within the church. Unlike in most Christian denominations, women can and do hold power in the Spirit Church.

Dex-chan lover
Historically becoming a nun was one of the few legal ways for women to avoid having to marry a man, so I don't think the implication here is that these two are incarcerated in any sense. If anything, it ensures that they can be together without having to worry about either of them being pressured into marriage. The main negative consequence is that they have to drop out of the academy, but they might still be able rise in the ranks within the church. Unlike in most Christian denominations, women can and do hold power in the Spirit Church.
Plus they can still meet their friends freely. At this point the benefit of keeping bad actors out is more important than the few restrictions. They get to be left alone for once. You couldn't be more restricted than Yu had been (and Misha by association).

Dex-chan lover
The definition of 'oshi' is still debatable since it's a culture that originated in Japan and has no direct equivalent in english cultures. The translation ranges from stan, idol, favorite, to 'oshi' (as in without needing to be translated).
afaik oshi is actually best translated as "the one I idolize the most". Or more lit., "the one I push"

But for this story the correct translation is not what the jp spells out (since both translations fail to do so, either way :p), but rather the alternate name it was originally given over at NU. Much like how you don't actually translate to get "donald duck" or "mickey mouse" when translating to english (or maybe even more famously known: mcdonalds -> maccas when translating to australian).

b58

Double-page supporter
I had to catch up with last few chapters, and for how much this story likes to be as convoluted as possible and adding plot twists on top of plot twists, that was... suprisingly straightforward for such a "crazy" plan, just use that magical artifact that does exactly what we wanted to accomplish? I'm not sure why was it important to get Misha to directly help, was having everyone hear it even that important for the plan to work?

But of course they had to add something out of left field to top it off, so I'm kinda looking forward to the next episode of His Majesty's Secret Service Agent Rei lol, probably with double agents, triple agents, betrayal, magical gadgets and who knows what else.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Not everyone is gay. The siblings were straight, Claire is bi (given how she was initially chasing after the prince), and I'm pretty sure I'm missing a pairing... w/e.
The Twins, Rod, Thane, Silas, The King, the Bauer queens, The parents of the main characters, and Lagretta's fiance are the only straight characters we actually know of.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
T
This is true, but at the same time I hope that later in the future they could live freely out there with everyone, even dropping out of nuns if possible

Users who are viewing this thread