1-nen A-gumi no Monster - Vol. 10 Ch. 55 - Sensei, I've Given Up On Looking Pretty

Dex-chan lover
the triple update was very enjoyable, thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Wow... that father.... so did he only take pictures? He said he had an affair, or is that a different dad? Just happens to be similar? That Jimi overheard. Also, why would Jimi care? Thought he wouldn't consider it his business or part of the job. But, wew, what a mess this all is.

Dex-chan lover
Wow... that father.... so did he only take pictures? He said he had an affair, or is that a different dad? Just happens to be similar? That Jimi overheard. Also, why would Jimi care? Thought he wouldn't consider it his business or part of the job. But, wew, what a mess this all is.
The co-worker who had an affair and Nagisa's father are two different people who presumably have no relation aside from being divorced and having daughters who hate them.
I also have no idea why Jimi is supposed to care.

Contributor
You know, considering some of the themes this manga has touched on I was expecting worse.

Don't get me wrong, still skeevy as fuck. But I expected worse.

Contributor
Wait a minute, I'm confused about Nagisa's surname never changing... so when her parents were still married, she had her mother's surname all that time? Her father took her mother's surname after marriage, I suppose? (this is legal in Japan IIRC...)

I'm relieved Nagisa wasn't a victim of sexual abuse, but her father... lewd pictures of (likely underage) schoolgirls? Damn. So Erika pulled a honey trap on him, knowing he was a pervert who was into schoolgirls.

If this man is Akira Akashi-sensei, then it's worse becauses he admitted into getting into an affair (although he said it was with a coworker, not a schoolgirl).

But even if he isn't, it's still bad that he outright tried to defend having lewd pictures of underage girls instead of, you know, deny it. I don't feel bad for her dad, although Erika ended up exposing him with the terrible intention of ruining her friend's family.

Dex-chan lover
Pictures of underage girls are justice.
He's a true man for not giving up on them to the very end.
cant-take-this-card-art-seriously-anymore-v0-eq8hbt1dgjha1.png

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapters, some lines and words are still awkward (like “fake makeup”) but still nice to see this continue.

It’s pretty clear Erika just likes toying with people and she gets mad when being talked back to or when being told how good she is. Also seems her idea of friendship is just making sure they are indebted to her in some way.

Dex-chan lover
Wait a minute, I'm confused about Nagisa's surname never changing... so when her parents were still married, she had her mother's surname all that time? Her father took her mother's surname after marriage, I suppose? (this is legal in Japan IIRC...)

I'm relieved Nagisa wasn't a victim of sexual abuse, but her father... lewd pictures of (likely underage) schoolgirls? Damn. So Erika pulled a honey trap on him, knowing he was a pervert who was into schoolgirls.

If this man is Akira Akashi-sensei, then it's worse becauses he admitted into getting into an affair (although he said it was with a coworker, not a schoolgirl).

But even if he isn't, it's still bad that he outright tried to defend having lewd pictures of underage girls instead of, you know, deny it. I don't feel bad for her dad, although Erika ended up exposing him with the terrible intention of ruining her friend's family.
Nagisa's dad isn't Akashi. Akashi's daughter is some kid named Madoka who should be around 10. And yeah, her dad took her mom's surname. It's not illegal or anything in Japan bc they have a history of "adopting" sons in law if there's no male heir. Where's it illegal for a man to take his wife's surname?

Dex-chan lover
You know, considering some of the themes this manga has touched on I was expecting worse.

Don't get me wrong, still skeevy as fuck. But I expected worse.
Were you expecting him to get with (consentually or not) with her friend too? Lol. And given Erika... feel she woulda done it for some angle/scheme or something tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread