A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Magic Swordsman

Double-page supporter
I can't not read something with a peak jap title like this, though I'd suggest the following improvements:

In Another World A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Trash Tier Magic Swordsman, but I'm Actually the Strongest!(?)

Everyone and their grandmother calls this a tsundere. Not to degrade people in toxic relationships, but having 3 panels of ojou-sama activity doesn't really look like abuse, verbal or physical.

1. imagine needing a description, just use the title lmfao

2. actually kinda generic

Fed-Kun's army
Man, the recent chapters of WN have become pure dramafest. I hope the manga won't become like this.
MC and Noelia keep searching for the childhood friend Alfine and Alfine also keeps searching for MC. And the most annoying thing is the thoughts of these three characters.
1) Alfine's thoughts: MC already has Noelia. I know he won't choose me over her but it still hurts.
2) Noelia's thoughts: MC has known Alfine since childhood, they have a strong bond that can't be replaced. What if he chose her over me? It hurts.
3) Meanwhile MC's thoughts: I want to say that Noelia is enough for me but I can't say it after knowing what Alfine is going through for me. I know I have to choose but I don't think I have the resolve.

Bruh... And looks like it will take forever for Alfine and MC to meet.

Group Leader
Ngl the story suck, he didnt even talk to alfine about the treatment he received from her and suddenly want to leave without even talk properly

Dex-chan lover
childish drama, horrible, horrible fucking manga and wn.

may it burn down to fucking trash and die.

promising start, but hope he didn't just trade one abusive relationship for another... but considering it's shounen demo, they'll probably just love triangle it and play the abuse off as tsundere.

He does seem well adjusted enough to not be completely cornered mentally though, so that might work, unlike a similar wn protagonist this premise reminded me of...

and there's nothing about 'tsundere' and abusive relationships that are mutually exclusive.

afaik, a toxic relationship is bad for both parties, an abusive relationship is beneficial for the abuser, at least short term

@tiffanq yeah, that was unnecessary and out of place

I feel like every new manga with action/adventure/fantasy has either ecchi or harem genres... and most of them are sh¡t

Dex-chan lover
@tsuragi there are already several things that can be stated to showcase a difference between the two relationships. One being the very center of both relationships. Alfine was his childhood friend and both believed in the original promise up to the point that the relationship shattered. Noelia doesn't have such a strong history or connection with Flint for the abusive ideas to appear. Plus talent in the chosen field. Alfine is much stronger as a swordsman than Flint, however, Flint has a greater magic power than Noelia.

Got the yandere ex right off the bat, and now the kuudere has apeared! All that's left is a tsundere imouto character and an ara ara onee-san

Absolute garbage...you can read it if you want but man even the chain of events are dumb

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty alright so far. I don't know why people give it such a low score, it's a 7.5-8.0.

TLDR Sword Master childhood friend is a tsundere/yandere, on the shittier end of the tsundere spectrum. MC was actually talented in magic not swordsmanship, new mage girl is best girl but may be weird sniffing his cloak.

@Dier_runner That is what I would expect, especially with this barely sentient main 'character' to contend with. What else could the story even be with that protagonist, other than some manga-girl archetypes and stock scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread