A Tale of the Secret Saint - Vol. 4 Ch. 14 - Black Dragon Zabira - Part 1

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@someone2795
I don't like how he suffered for just 10 years out of his 1000 years lifespan.

What? That 10 years was not his "real suffering". Its more like a prologue to his actual suffering, which is 1900+ years of isolation and loneliness. (Assuming he hit 100 when he was betrayed)

Fia is his first real friend after 2000 years of his life.

Supporter
cliffhanger -> random backstory

well, it wasn't bad though

Sometimes I don't understand why the protagonist doesn't just speak up, like yell at them STATING they were the cowards that treasured their own petty little lives more than saving the life of the Chieftain, and that the older brother Ryu is a selfish, entitled asshole that thinks the world is ALL his for the taking just because ONE individual decided it wasn't worth it to fight him, and the mother... Okay I can't actually say much about the mother dragon, it was effectively stated that only one dragon should hatch from a twin egg, and survival of the fittest I guess, so the second baby is abandoned in hopes that she can focus all her efforts on one child. She's still a bitch, don't get me wrong, but I can't REALLY fault her... (Flashback to BBC Earth's Dark Side of the Shoebill.)

That whole rant aside, I know why protagonists don't say the thoughts that goes on in their heads. Because it doesn't do jack shit. The opposition doesn't care what you think, they just want everything to go their way. If what you say makes them feel bad, the story demands that they completely ignore whatever MC says and continue to tear them down regardless. Case in point, most recent chapter of A Breakthrough Brought by Forbidden Master and Disciple.

No closing thoughts. I still really like this manga. Just a small gripe I have with the ending. Sorta.

Double-page supporter
@sjmcc13 @Nep
Guys you don't seem to realize but this is a plothole which is why I have a problem with it. 9 centuries is enough for him to get over the initial suffering and start over...MULTIPLE TIMES.
This is like when Yoda got yeeted by the Emperor and just gave up then went into exile for 20 years but instead of 20, we get 900+ years.

Dex-chan lover
And Zabi is going to fight its kin in the next chapter. The feels indeed...

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@someone2795 You mean his decision to not make new friends despite already being an all-powerful solo stranger/outcast (the reason they hated him in the first place) for the first 1000 years and literally black instead of blue the second 1000 years?

Difference here is Yoda had friends and a safe haven to unyeet himself but decided to live in a swamp ignoring his responsibilities. On the other hand, Zabiria knows why he is hated and can't do anything about his history besides trying to make new friends while not letting said friends eat him in his sleep.

Dex-chan lover
@someone2795 cause he is a dragon and should not be looked at how humans does things. I really doubt they would want him in in the first nesting area accepting him is easy cause his weak but now that his the most powerful blue dragon I doubt any nesting group will accept him cause it will clash to who is the current chief of the group (which happened with his brother)

now that his a black dragon the only one in the world nobody will seriously accept him now.

Fed-Kun's army
The worst type of cliffhanger, a flashback arc spanning several chapters.

thank you for this lovely update! I really appreciate your hard work :) also, Zabira is best boy; poor bby

Double-page supporter
@Nep @greatninja3

When I mentioned "start over" I didn't mean start over with those other backstabbing dragons. I meant, like, going to look for other friends/companions. There's gotta be some bros out there in nature that won't bite your head off while you're sleeping nor will they care about how you look like and, albeit meeting by chance, the FL is proof of this. It's just that the author didn't bother to write it that way.

I can believe 100~200 years of a lonesome nomadic lifestyle (since he's a dragon and time moves differently for him) but 9 centuries? Nah, there's something wrong here.

Dex-chan lover
@someone2795 maybe don't give human emotion too animals I don't know how a legendary dragon will be able to find friends properly when it's all about survival of the fittest out there.

and I doubt he can find anybody by chance considering his territory(he did not live a nomadic life he stayed in that specific mountain that's why it's named after him) is already marked so nobody enters that place unless their aim is too challenge or tame him well one of those worked probably why he was found injured.

@Sadrobot While it may not be his brothers and sisters, it could still be their descendants. I'd feel weird if I was fighting my siblings descendants of 5 generations.

Users who are viewing this thread