Buta Koushaku ni Tensei Shitakara, Kondo wa Kimi ni Suki to Iitai

What the hell is going on here?
It was suddenly marked as "finished" without any kind of conclusion, and now there is a new chapter that seems completely unrelated to the story so far, what the actual fuck is going on here?

I'll admit that it's out of the blue, but I'm just glad that someone picked it up, again.

It was suddenly marked as "finished" without any kind of conclusion, and now there is a new chapter that seems completely unrelated to the story so far, what the actual fuck is going on here?
the series finished in Japan, but there are still untranslated chapters

Dex-chan lover

Series status always reflects its publication in its original language (ie Japan), not its translations.

When a series tagged as "finished" it means that the series itself is over, not the translations. If you look at the bottom of the series info you'll see that the listed final chapter is Volume 8, Chapter 46. So there's 10 more chapters to go between where the latest translation is and where the story comes to a close.

Thank goodness it wasn't just dropped like that.

And regarding the "series info" thingy, since I use tachiyomi to read, I generally don't have that information, but I guess I'll have to start having a look on the website whenever stuff like this happens.

Group Leader
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the ending. For one thing, it stopped before a very entertaining arc, and in the process removed a good bit of understandable conflict between Slow and Charlotte. Not to mention a change to the character's nature I'm not too fond of...
In the original, Slow and the anime fan were fused from the moment he reincarnated. He's both people at once. Here, in the midst of the battle with the dragon, we get a slip into a mindscape similar to what you'd see in Mushoku Tensei when Rudy meets the Man-God, only it's between Slow and the reincarnated guy, with Slow saying he'd left Charlotte to him believing he'd create a happier future and that he'd eventually fade away, only for the man to respond that they should go together and they sort of merge at that point, right before the ending.

As for what follows, Slow tries to tell Charlotte what he knows and how he feels, but fails and is then caught up in all sorts of issues with the queen because he'd twisted the enchantments on the sword. Charlotte's left for days unable to even speak with him, and by the time they do speak she's beyond angry. Slow takes her to Huzac as a sort of apology, beginning a very entertaining new story. And it's only after this extended journey without much food that Slow slims down.

Frankly, this ending doesn't entirely make sense. There are still some huge obstacles standing in the way before Slow could realistically pursue a relationship with Charlotte, so him just declaring his feelings and her kissing him doesn't feel right. It's simply too soon for happily-ever-after.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the ending. For one thing, it stopped before a very entertaining arc, and in the process removed a good bit of understandable conflict between Slow and Charlotte. Not to mention a change to the character's nature I'm not too fond of...
In the original, Slow and the anime fan were fused from the moment he reincarnated. He's both people at once. Here, in the midst of the battle with the dragon, we get a slip into a mindscape similar to what you'd see in Mushoku Tensei when Rudy meets the Man-God, only it's between Slow and the reincarnated guy, with Slow saying he'd left Charlotte to him believing he'd create a happier future and that he'd eventually fade away, only for the man to respond that they should go together and they sort of merge at that point, right before the ending.

As for what follows, Slow tries to tell Charlotte what he knows and how he feels, but fails and is then caught up in all sorts of issues with the queen because he'd twisted the enchantments on the sword. Charlotte's left for days unable to even speak with him, and by the time they do speak she's beyond angry. Slow takes her to Huzac as a sort of apology, beginning a very entertaining new story. And it's only after this extended journey without much food that Slow slims down.

Frankly, this ending doesn't entirely make sense. There are still some huge obstacles standing in the way before Slow could realistically pursue a relationship with Charlotte, so him just declaring his feelings and her kissing him doesn't feel right. It's simply too soon for happily-ever-after.
hopefully it wasn't cuz it got axed that the author rushed but that's probably what it was wasn't it

Dex-chan lover
hopefully it wasn't cuz it got axed that the author rushed but that's probably what it was wasn't it
No, the light novel got to volume 10 before they cancelled it due to the sales numbers. In that volume, the author encourages people to continue reading the series with the webnovel.

It is possible that the various language translations will pull in enough revenue to cause either the original publisher to continue the series, or will tempt another publisher after the licensing period is over.

No, the light novel got to volume 10 before they cancelled it due to the sales numbers. In that volume, the author encourages people to continue reading the series with the webnovel.

It is possible that the various language translations will pull in enough revenue to cause either the original publisher to continue the series, or will tempt another publisher after the licensing period is over.
thanks for the explanation! so is this series still ongoing through the webnovel? or was that announced before the manga?

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the explanation! so is this series still ongoing through the webnovel? or was that announced before the manga?
The series is still ongoing through the webnovel, and goes beyond volume 10 end of the light novel series. The author did do some revisions for the light novel, but all of the new content for the webnovel beyond volume 10 should be on par with the light novel.
The manga is an adaptation only up to volume 3 of the light novel, and as has been mentioned in the thread previously, it is slightly different from the light novel (presumably due to change to a manga format).

Name of the Manga: How to fck a good history with at mediocred adactation. Yes the webnovel is 100% better that this Manga with only have see 10% of how good the novel is.

It was a fair read, had a few low areas but I'm happy with it ending on this note, even if it feels a bit sudden.

Users who are viewing this thread