Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Allen is in a duel vs 5 opponent's

Dex-chan lover
I have also seen hundreds of manga be plagued by bad translations for years and years that no competent TLs are touching. What makes people want to properly translate a manga is either its popularity or their love for the series, not whether anyone knows them.

This idea of people monopolising popular series and taking payment is pure bullshit when it comes to criticising bad translations. I don't give a damn about "sniping".
I don't see how any of that is a counter to his argument. Literally missed the whole point.
If no competent TLs are touching these mangas it just means that no competent TLs are touching it, not that they're somehow being warded off by the bad TL.

Again, bad but understandable TL is better than no TL and being forgotten forever

Dex-chan lover
I have also seen hundreds of manga be plagued by bad translations for years and years that no competent TLs are touching. What makes people want to properly translate a manga is either its popularity or their love for the series, not whether anyone knows them.

This idea of people monopolising popular series and taking payment is pure bullshit when it comes to criticising bad translations. I don't give a damn about "sniping".

You never criticised the translation in the comment i cited though. And i never brought that up either.

Maiorem said: No, this gives the illusion that no one who is actually competent at translating needs to rework these chapters.

But now you say that it's the popularity or the love for a series that motivates a TL? Then why would it matter if the chapter already had a translation from someone else`?

In all other "free" scenes be it movie subs, cracking, ripping, compiling etc, there is always glory to be had if you can be first or do better work then the others. Nothing else matter. And if the one who was first put out crap that actually motivates people to "dunk" on them by putting out better work. Escpecially if someone made shoddy work for something you love, good lord the credits bantz got nasty sometimes XD

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I agree with you that the fight was a the let down but we have seen Allen's fighting style for a while now. It basically is a sneak attack build with wind magic powered guns.
True, but the duel was still a huge letdown after all that buildup. At least in MobuSeka, Leon shit talked the harem in such a humiliating way that their reputations and pride were destroyed, and they were even disowned; the manga version of the MobuSeka duel had even funnier dialogue. Even better, Leon bankrupted most of the school and mocked them for stupidly betting against him.

In Villager A, Allen barely said anything before destroying the harem. Even at the climax of the fight where he talks to the prince, everything Allen said was basically "Where's your proof?"
That series you mentioned climaxed on the showdown against the prince, while this one still has more to go on after this
I remember reading in the comments about how it goes on to show how the entire royal family is basically retarded except for the second prince. Shame that manga didn't continue adapting the rest of the story.
I want more (any) Akuyaku Reijou stories that deal with the political fallout and after reading ahead in the novel this one gets close. Otome Games Are Tough For Mobs almost did it but then went fantasy.
Everyone I've seen that's read the MobuSeka LN agree the first 3 volumes are the best, although the Alzer Republic was okay. MobuSeka always had fantasy in it, but the problem is that it went from low fantasy focusing on characters to high fantasy very quickly. What's worse is that the story finished so quickly that the author had to come up with an entirely new story that had less interesting characters; i.e. the infuriating bitch that is Leila.

As for Akuyaku Reijou stories that deal with the political fallout:
I'll Become a Villainess Who Will Go Down in History
Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter
The Plain and Unnoticeable Me Is No More
I Swear I Won't Bother You Again!
Of Course, I'll Claim Palimony!
Tales of Reincarnation in Maydare: The World's Worst Witch
With One Day Left I'll Break All the Destruction Flags: "Serves You Right!" RTA 24 Hour Record
I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness Doesn't Mean I'm a Bad Person!

Group Leader
Everyone I've seen that's read the MobuSeka LN agree the first 3 volumes are the best, although the Alzer Republic was okay. MobuSeka always had fantasy in it, but the problem is that it went from low fantasy focusing on characters to high fantasy very quickly. What's worse is that the story finished so quickly that the author had to come up with an entirely new story that had less interesting characters; i.e. the infuriating bitch that is Leila.

As for Akuyaku Reijou stories that deal with the political fallout:
I'll Become a Villainess Who Will Go Down in History
Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter
The Plain and Unnoticeable Me Is No More
I Swear I Won't Bother You Again!
Of Course, I'll Claim Palimony!
Tales of Reincarnation in Maydare: The World's Worst Witch
With One Day Left I'll Break All the Destruction Flags: "Serves You Right!" RTA 24 Hour Record
I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness Doesn't Mean I'm a Bad Person!
Oh sweet. Thanks for the list. I'm caught up on the first one and already read RTA 24 Hour.

Dex-chan lover
You never criticised the translation in the comment i cited though. And i never brought that up either.

Maiorem said: No, this gives the illusion that no one who is actually competent at translating needs to rework these chapters.

But now you say that it's the popularity or the love for a series that motivates a TL? Then why would it matter if the chapter already had a translation from someone else`?

In all other "free" scenes be it movie subs, cracking, ripping, compiling etc, there is always glory to be had if you can be first or do better work then the others. Nothing else matter. And if the one who was first put out crap that actually motivates people to "dunk" on them by putting out better work. Escpecially if someone made shoddy work for something you love, good lord the credits bantz got nasty sometimes XD
I was compelled by sheer spite for the author of the series, combined with the fact that all the other translations simply didn't properly convey just how bad the story was. A month, eight chapters, several uploads to e-h, and a full compilation edit later, I'm just waiting on the next batch of content.

It takes more than just a bad translation to motivate someone to fix it.

Double-page supporter
Oh sweet. Thanks for the list. I'm caught up on the first one and already read RTA 24 Hour.
Since you read those two, the ones that I recommend the most are I Swear I Won't Bother You Again and Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter. Those two are more serious about what happens after the condemnation event, while the rest are lean towards comedy more, or don't really get into the consequences/reactions to being bullied for being the villianness.

Double-page supporter
I was compelled by sheer spite for the author of the series, combined with the fact that all the other translations simply didn't properly convey just how bad the story was. A month, eight chapters, several uploads to e-h, and a full compilation edit later, I'm just waiting on the next batch of content.

It takes more than just a bad translation to motivate someone to fix it.
Does this mean the Gyaru Sister train wreck is not over yet? I'll get the popcorn ready! 🍿

Any other stories you have a grudge against? MangaDex has no shortage of really bad stories.

Dex-chan lover
Does this mean the Gyaru Sister train wreck is not over yet? I'll get the popcorn ready! 🍿

Any other stories you have a grudge against? MangaDex has no shortage of really bad stories.
It's less that the story itself is bad (It is), and more that the author baited people into paying for untagged NTR. The public version is an uncomfortable story about a poor girl who's fallen in with a bad crowd (Until Chapter 4, at least). The whole story (492902), which I've compiled, and edited for flow after going back and doing the dream chapter Luigi butchered, is about an enthusiastic slut who changed after, like, a week, tops, because her brother showed her the barest of minimum care (Which apparently he both was and wasn't showing before?). The author actually wanted us to believe this was a wholesome story when it was anything but, pay for the privilege of having her take a big, stinky author shit in our mouths, and then she blocked us when we tell her we're not coprophiles.

Then on top of that, a shocking minority of people don't know what rape is, mods included, so the story is getting vandalized with all sorts of rape and SA tags that I can't get rid of. It's basically nothing but spite for every moron involved here at this point.

Find me a similarly upsetting chain of events, and I'll consider doing that one too.

Dex-chan lover
T
Since you read those two, the ones that I recommend the most are I Swear I Won't Bother You Again and Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter. Those two are more serious about what happens after the condemnation event, while the rest are lean towards comedy more, or don't really get into the consequences/reactions to being bullied for being the villianness.
Thanks for pointing out the stories with consequences for the condemnation events. I'll take a look at those two.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine thinking that beggars cannot be complaining if they were given literal shit.
Just because it's not meet you standard, it doesn't make it literally shit. Sure, you can complain, no one said you can't, but it show how ungrateful you're when calling such readable translation as shit. I've seen worse shit than this and I can said for sure this translation is still readable even for me when English is my third language.
If bad translation ruin your reading experience, then buy a proper translation or more like buy the official manga. If complain all you do, it won't change shit.

Dex-chan lover
hGpfabu.jpeg

That was a very fucking dumb thing to say.

This guy is doing all of this shit to save his mother in his new life, whom he loves. You threatening that family... Is a good fucking way to end up as a dead love target. And I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did. When you threaten someone's family like that, rules get pushed off the table.

Dex-chan lover
I agree, would have been nice to see him beat them down.
Yes, but considering all the factors in the balance, I think what Allen did was exactly the way to go. Going all out from the start, using element of suprise, unconventional warfare, turning his opponents overconfidence against them and inflicting them a psychological shock they will never recover from. Crushing defeat. Perfection. (y)
This is a real fight. A matter of life and death. And there is no second chance. So, nobody will blame you for going Blitzkrieg while enemies expect you to use trench warfare, because only results matter. History has proven it. And the result was a splendid and well-deserved roflstomping in just a couple minutes. A great artist, that Allen. :02:

Watching Allen dispensing Darwin Awards and savage clapbacks on these 5 idiots the way he did was just gold. The Joker was right: "it's about sending a message". And the message is "who's your daddy now?":win:

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
This feels a bit plagiarised ngl. From life is tough for a mob character or whatever the eng name was. The scenario the premise and even some of the events

Dex-chan lover
Wow, they just lifted the whole scene from Mobuseka right down to the Prince's motive rant at the end.

Dex-chan lover
This feels a bit plagiarised ngl. From life is tough for a mob character or whatever the eng name was. The scenario the premise and even some of the events
There's some difference tho... for example Allen isn't an utter heel, the heroine is stupid evil, and the stooge 5 isn't allowed to improve

Users who are viewing this thread