Dame Skill [Auto Mode] ga Kakuseishimashita ~Are, Guild no Scout-san, Ore wo "Iranai"-tte Itte Masendeshita?~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 32 - Barely Safe!!!?

Dex-chan lover
Well, if anything it addresses a real concern that authors always gloss over: if the proof of subjugating a goblin is to bring back its ear, if I buy the ear from a scalper instead of killing will the guild take it as proof of completing the quest?
Obviously this is a lighthearted comic and it won't go into these finer details ever, but it makes you think nonetheless.
Reincarnated aristocrat barely brushes over that with the whole threatening to revoke his adventure licence as they don't believe he killed all the goblins

reu

Dex-chan lover
Just binged all the chapters...
SSS-tier stupid
SSS-tier fun

Also, it makes sense that they would sell materials for rich bastards who would otherwise get them through cloak and dagger means.(or for unlucky dudes like the MC who are one or two materials sort of completing their test)
This way there's one less source of drama for the guild and one more source of income

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Just binged all the chapters...
SSS-tier stupid
SSS-tier fun

Also, it makes sense that they would sell materials for rich bastards who would otherwise get them through cloak and dagger means.(or for unlucky dudes like the MC who are one or two materials sort of completing their test)
This way there's one less source of drama for the guild and one more source of income
Scalper

• Wow
Reactions: reu
Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised that Charlotte still passed, despite being part of Gaine's plot which the guild was totally aware of at this point.
That's easy, she wasn't. In the flashbacks where Gaine is laying out their plans, she's not there.
As far as the test goes, it was only the established members pulling shady shit and not her. Plus it's a timed test to obtain items, she'd have no way to get her items AND interfere with others unless her skill lets her. So unless later chapters show other wise
the later chapters show she's more or less innocent, OP af and down bad for Claus
she's in the clear.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well, if anything it addresses a real concern that authors always gloss over: if the proof of subjugating a goblin is to bring back its ear, if I buy the ear from a scalper instead of killing will the guild take it as proof of completing the quest?
Obviously this is a lighthearted comic and it won't go into these finer details ever, but it makes you think nonetheless.

TLDR; money rules their system.

Long Description:
The items sold there are made for rush promotion, provided you got the money. In reality, you won't get the money if you don't have the skill so these kinds of stores are made for "professionalism" or "complete documents". This system prevents people from suspecting "favoritism" by using "buying power."

Dex-chan lover
It's possible but not really practical. Let's say the guild gives a 5 coin reward for 5 herbs. If they sell the herbs in a nearbybstore, it would be 6 coins for 5 herbs at the very least due to mark up, probably 10 coins at minimum. You would be losing money to fulfill requests. The guild probably allows it for the exam because it's an opportunity for extra cash from suckers.
hey as long as you pass the test. the money can always return to you later.

Dex-chan lover
Damn it claus that was almost a really sweet moment you had to ruin lmfao

I liked how this chapter showed a point I raised before, i.e. buying directly the materials. Also liked the way MC used his skill to understand nearby there were items they needed, by the short time. Though that bring up the following question, is the skill able to understand ownership of materials and legality of sources? There were probably other materials gathered by people around, had he it the auto-mode would have it started in killer frenzy to get them like the girl suspected, or try steal some from the shop? Against monsters it didn't seem to care it ended putting the MC in a dangerous situation, so why would it care if after gathering them he would have committed a crime?

Also 2 other doubts from previous chapters were positively answered. The girl seems to have reworn her disguise (still should have done it before the auto-travel, as then she arrived with her hairs not tucked under the hood). Let's see if they will continue keeping it, explain it, or just dump it with no reason after doing the telegraphed reveal.
The other was the part about shared loot. When explaining the contest I read that and understood as items in common counted for both lists, but MC after kept talking as if they needed those double, so I was getting confused. I thought I had misunderstood that part, or was mistranslated. But no, it was just MC that was a complete idiot, even after three years there (yes, he had never done that exam, and was always alone, but seeing how he bragged about his knowledge about the buying workaraund you would expect for him to understand such a simple rule)

In the end, the paper put in last page is unintentionally funny. I understand it is an abstraction just to show us readers about the people we are following, but had it been real it would be totally wack.
A: "Hey Guildmaster, should we give each person that passed the exam equal space in the result table?"
GM: "Nah, let's make half the paper only about two randos, and put 12 of them in a single row."

Dex-chan lover
In the end, the paper put in last page is unintentionally funny. I understand it is an abstraction just to show us readers about the people we are following, but had it been real it would be totally wack.
A: "Hey Guildmaster, should we give each person that passed the exam equal space in the result table?"
GM: "Nah, let's make half the paper only about two randos, and put 12 of them in a single row."
I think it makes sense; both Charlotte and Claus were the only ones we see get a special recommendation, Mirim is part of Claus' party.

Rest are mobs who got to take the exam after X amount of time and achievements.

I think it makes sense; both Charlotte and Claus were the only ones we see get a special recommendation, Mirim is part of Claus' party.

Rest are mobs who got to take the exam after X amount of time and achievements.
Still, even if they only mentioned the special recomendation ones, the Charlotte's items' list should be there too, with all the (from the score I guess) 8 items reported.

And for the mobs, even if they are grouped together, realistically at least their names should have been printed. Otherwise what need to do, just guess if they are part of those 12?

All that I'm saying is that the final paper that we readers see is not the same that in-universe is affixed, but a similar version only focusing on what we readers are following (in the same way that Charlotte looking at the fourth wall doing victory sign is only for the viewers sake). For the general trend of the story this is not really important, I would have appreciated had them drawn maybe multiple papers, each with the party list, but cutting everyone other than Claus's and Charlotte's out of frame. Still, the way they end up doing it is not so bad.

Dex-chan lover
I was really worried when I got back to title page since I only see that the first chapter is uploaded two years ago, thank you for updating this!

Users who are viewing this thread