Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo - Vol. 5 Ch. 27 - Even if the Summer Showers split us

Dex-chan lover
how
how did we get to the "Couple has a misunderstand arc"
in a manga where the main character SCREAMS his intentions every single page
how
mako pls

Double-page supporter
For the first time I found a chapter of this manga I didn't like. This new conflict between them doesn't make the slightest of sense. Shinichi put a hold on his sexual desires because he didn't want her to be just a sex toy, and now she sees him next to some magazine and his words, but most importantly his actions, are completely meaningless and she somehow believes the complete opposite now?

It's not just that this misunderstanding happened in the weirdest way possible, it's that it makes the least sense possible at this point in their relationship.

Dex-chan lover
i want to believe he remembers their annversary... i really want to believe in him

Dex-chan lover
Don't you think these issue have to comes before he even propose to her and her family? No?

Dex-chan lover
@RangoBongo
It's less so about "misunderstanding", and more so about the girl being enormously insecure with herself. Not being able to trust him is a projection of it.
But that is a funny arse point you brought up, I'll tell you h'wat.

Still better than a will they won't they relationship for 2 years only to end in a time skip. If this was another manga they would practically be broken up by now or still on super sour terms for 20+ chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh, they've been together for a YEAR, and all of a sudden she feels like he's just in it for the sex? What?

Dex-chan lover
I think people are allowed to be a little irrational.

He's said before that he doesn't want to see her as a sex toy and wants to date her as a whole person. If you're insecure that plants a seed of doubt since he's implying he does see her as someone just to have sex with. Compound that with them keeping some distance from each other (even if it's for a good cause) and finding the mag that literally fetishizes what she's afraid of and her getting upset becomes a little more understandable even if he's been up front with her this entire time and busting his ass to back up his words.

That's the insidious part about insecurity, it can be very irrational and I think in the last couple pages of this chapter even Mako realizes she's the one being at fault by jumping to conclusions and projecting her insecurities onto him.

The only reason it sticks out so much in this series is because this is the first real drama the two have experienced as a couple. I'm sure they'll reconcile for their anniversary though. They're too good together not to.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow how did we go from a fake development (sex super early) into a chapter as deep as this one. What a series. Genuinely amazed.

Dex-chan lover
This is stupid. He didn't hurt her, she misunderstood something and knows she's being retarded. If he had done something himself to warrant all this drama I wouldn't even mind, but it's literally just a misunderstanding.

@Reqqles

Sure we are all human and irrationality is a part of that, but if you are in a relationship you owe it to your partner to hear them out. She just keeps running away and literally tells him she can't trust him. I know for myself trust and honesty are integral parts of a relationship and if my partner ever told me they couldn't trust me that would be one of the most hurtful things they could say. I'm not saying it would lead to me breaking up with them, but it honestly might (and has before, not immediately but after being told that twice I didn't want to stay in a relationship were I wasn't trusted).

I love this manga, but this chapter seems really one sided, with Shinichi doing all this work towards the relationship and no real evidence of Mako doing the same. Maybe things'll be fixed next episode, but if Mako doesn't apologize to him about the lack of trust as great as the writing has been up to this point I'm out.

Contributor
I admit, the drama is a little sudden. I do appreciate the fact that the author is trying to use drama to keep the couple dynamic interesting, but I feel as if this could’ve been built up more with a chapter or two. This type of conflict is likely really common IRL, so I don’t mind it. But I think it would be better we actually saw Mako being more insecure of her feelings towards Shinichi before this point, despite his instance. Maybe have her recall their relationship so far. It would make more sense to me, since while they’re both extremely straightforward with their feelings, they’re also extremely dumb, hormonal, and as such, overly emotional teenagers.

Either way, I like this couple too much, so it really pains me to see them fight. But knowing them, they’ll definitely reconcile and bang again by the end of the next chapter. They’re too fucking honest, and it’s refreshing.

I do agree somewhat with the comment before mine. I’d like it if we got to see Mako become more trusting of Shinichi and really make an effort to really give back in their relationship. She likes the dude, but she’s been mostly going with the flow. I’d like to see her really show her love for him soon.

This chapter makes me reconsider dropping this manga, I thought this was mostly comedy not fucking dumbass drama where the MC takes all the blame but it is someone else at fault.

Dex-chan lover
You some kinda moron parrot!?

V7u9JMT.jpg

One year already... Some of her insecurities are showing up but they'll eventually get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread