Doumo, Yuusha no Chichi desu. 〜Kono Tabi wa Gusoku ga Gomeiwaku wo Kakete, Moushiwake Arimasen〜 - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
The dad didn't even tell him he was being manipulated by a demon, and he got all normal after she was killed.

The payoff this way could have been done right but it's completely discordant with all the setup we got.

He wasn't being manipulated in the same way. The demon girl/chancellor admitted that she couldn't brainwash the hero properly and that's why she resorted to hypnotizing the rest of the hero party and making them horny. Him choosing to abandon his duty to just have an endless orgy with the other party members wasn't the demon's doing (beyond making it easy for him by providing willing partners), it was all on him for making that choice.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, the ending for this arc is both satisfying and also disappointing. While the one sided ass kicking fight between the hero and his dad didn't need to be shown, it still would have been nice to see more than "I'm stronger than you know!" Cut to lecture.
Also, while it's great that Mom saved those girls from a lifetime of trauma, I feel like narratively it would have been much better for them to remember at least a little of what happened. As it is, Hero now still has a party of women that he might be able to seduce, but if they had at least SOME memories, their looks of disgust and fear would be just another stab to make him realize what a piece of shit he was.
As for the chancellor, Oh no, what a shock. The evil woman seducing and corrupting the hero was a succubus Shocked Pikachu face. I do wish it had been handled differently (Maybe leave her alive so that she can be revealed to Hero and the King, and punished publicly) But honestly I'm satisfied with this. Burned her alive with holy fire.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wasn't direct magical manipulation like with the girls, but she was still verbally making suggestions under the guise of advisor, and using the girls against him to further her goals.
right, but, that's life though. There's many different people, many different voices constantly telling people to act in different ways. Learning to pick the right ones, rather than the ones that let you act out your own desires and worst behaviors, is growing up. If someone merely suggests that you could get away with something bad and you go along with it just because you want to, then that's your own failure.

Dex-chan lover
Not a very good parents I guess.
You know how your son has hurt his fiancee like that and you still encourage him to make up with his fiancee.
You should have left him to decide things by himself instead of giving him new guidance and goal.

Dex-chan lover
The mother is a demon herself?
I think the mother must be some sort of demon royalty
My guess is, she is some sort of goddess.
Not a very good parents I guess.
You know how your son has hurt his fiancee like that and you still encourage him to make up with his fiancee.
You should have left him to decide things by himself instead of giving him new guidance and goal.
I can't agree with this. Providing guidance to children is parents' responsibility. Whether to follow the parents' advice or not, is up to the children.
And regardless of whether the fiancee still wants to be with him, he should apologize to her.

Dex-chan lover
Don't know about some of you lots but the ending is alright. The boy is actually a good son, only misled due to the sudden freedom and manipulations. Can be said he's kind of sheltered before he set off. He even know what he must do which is to mend his relationship with the childhood friend.

About the memory wiping thing, who knows what the girls went through. High chances of trauma and being left ruined compare to be able to steel themselves. So i would say the memory wipe is justified.

Dex-chan lover
I wanted to see that little shit get his back broken bane style smh

Dex-chan lover
The memory wipe has a reason to be there, but I disagree with it. It's, after all, a lesson. Sure it's a nightmare but I'm sure that the girls would think twice and have counter measures against succubus in the future, with a memory wipe it might just happen again to them somewhere else...
i mean she essentially erased from their minds the fact that they were essentially graped by the hero since they were all hypnotized by her to have sex with him. i think it's a good thing they dont have to live with those memories.

Dex-chan lover
I think what we were missing here was the beat up where son keeps being stubborn, until he finally submits and recognizes he was wrong.

Most situations where this "gag" is used in manga(like Nami beating up crew) skipping it is fine. But here it is what the previous chapter's were building towards the whole time.....and it was just offscreen.

I'm not saying we needed it in detail, just we should've had a few blows where son really understands how much he screwed up.

The disappointment people feel is kinda like if the avengers never had hulk ragdoll Loki "puny god".

Oh good, i'm not the only one getting the vibe that the mom is a former Demon Lord or similar.

I wanted to see that little shit get his back broken bane style smh
It's not over yet, there's plenty of chances for the little shit to regress and need another Percussive Maintenance Reset

Dex-chan lover
... and more that their son was misled / fell to temptation by the demon (of course, the hero is not blameless for his actions).
I particularly like the fact that he couldn't be brainwashed as it adds to the fact that he was manipulated, but all the choices were his own. I don't really like that one beating and "heart-to-heart" was all it took for him to be like "yeah! I'll be better!". Normally you'd expect him to continue acting like he has been since it WAS his own choices (manipulation or not).

I feel a better resolution would have him to still be defiant after the talk, but a bit more meek (he did just get his ass beat), and for the parents to take him on a "tour" and show him what it means to be a hero and for him to realize on his own that he needs to change.

The payoff we've been building up to for 9 chapters now had exceptionally poor writing, about what I expected given the art and premise. Guess I'll be dropping this.

Dex-chan lover
The memory wipe has a reason to be there, but I disagree with it. It's, after all, a lesson. Sure it's a nightmare but I'm sure that the girls would think twice and have counter measures against succubus in the future, with a memory wipe it might just happen again to them somewhere else...
Im assuming that the mom is going to use the “you don’t remember anything because you were hypnotized“ excuse and still have them learn from the experience without having the trauma that comes from it.

Users who are viewing this thread