Flying Witch - Vol. 9 Ch. 53 - Mandrake evolution

Dex-chan lover
@fuadhika, maybe. Still using the spanish last name that means flowers over just using Flowers as a last name when she's from America contradicts your statement. Inukai means dog yes but at the same time chick is Japanese so it makes sense.

@TrueGoddessReincarnation I think it's more to Flora rather than Flower, you know, Flora for plant, so it wouldn't really match well with her as she's not just attached to flowers but all plants. And even if that's what the author intended to be, using the word flower as it is wouldn't be good either, as the dog girl's name isn't just Inu. The point is the name should be similar sounding but not using the word itself, it should sounds like a proper name, hence Flores. In the first place it is clearly stated that she's from America (Japanese simply uses America instead of USA), and even American could be a Spanish descent, and not all Spanish girl have thick body.

@TrueGoddessReincarnation True, but that's assuming the author knew and intended to use it that way, I think the author just want a name with similar sound to Flora, seeing that she's stated as an American. The author would likely set her as a Hispanic if they intended to use Flores as spanish.

Fed-Kun's army
maybe she have spanish parents but she herself was born and raised in america, thus making her american with spanish name

Bruh i thing the mandrake is smarter than me, like they can even make a trap and even can make a home.

What a cute-smart-little thing

Double-page supporter
@Tonikill1 Yep, in the volume release, there's actually a bonus panel on the page right after that chapter of her immediately telling someone.

Users who are viewing this thread