Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. - Ch. 69

Dex-chan lover
Some of you have the attention span of a rock and i know its been some months but still...

Seems many were too focused on Akari and Jirou to notice anything about anyone else--which is significant, given the positioning Tenjin was given early on: Tenjin was set up as more than just a foil to Jirou--he was actually an inversion of the latter, but with both having similarities in the origins of their characteristic states.

Jirou was an ordinary guy who got friendzoned by his childhood friend into the loss of his confidence (BTW, lol @ that guy still trying to laud Shiori at Akari's expense even at this point...you get an A for consistency if nothing else); the ensuing heartbreak was so profound, it turned him into a loser--but he still had the potential to become a proper man, which he does...though he mostly had to do it himself. Akari was the impetus for his change toward better, but also a light that helped him see the right way toward that end--even if it wasn't a comfortable road. That light helped him move on from the events of the past that crippled him--even though the central spectre of that past returned with hopes of keeping him right where he was.

Tenjin, on the other hand, was a guy coming from--apparently--a family that was at least well-off; he received a solid upbringing from childhood that led to his much-lauded character. In this childhood, however, Tenjin had fallen for his tutor--and was rejected the hard way at least twice: via the tutor's revelation that she was engaged to his brother; via her direct, strongly negative rejection of him; and via his witnessing her sexual relations with Tenjin's brother. These wrecked Tenjin, but--unlike Jirou--Tenjin's psychological damage was kept internal due to his upbringing toward becoming a successful member of society; perhaps that damage--and the resultant deterioration--was limited by his strong work ethic and his focus on work therefrom, as well. His decline might have been limited by the universal praise of his peers--but that probably didn't mean much to that damage; what didn't help said damage was surely (as one could see in this chapter) his family's disproportionate focus on the collective (society, and one's place in it) over the individual. As a result, Tenjin was built with a great foundation--already a respectable and respected man, ready to become the same in society--but he, because of his trauma, was a superficially flawless building with gradually failing structural integrity; neither his peers (who were awed by his moral excellence) nor his family (who were only concerned, for the most part, with doing as society expected and producing for that society) could see past the exterior of that building.

Jirou was instantaneously brought down to nothing from ordinary by a girl of his past, and made his way back up to respectability largely alone--with his eyes on another girl that is shaping up to be his future.

Tenjin was raised to be extraordinary by such an upbringing, but was gradually being eaten away from the inside out by a girl of his past, with almost everyone around him blind to the fact that it was happening; he's still alone in dealing with it, and has no one to help keep that girl's memory out of the unoccupied spaces he may see when he looks ahead. All Tenjin really has, for the most part, is his state as a soon-to-be high-quality member of society.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Not exactly convincing stuff.
Either you're in denial, blind, or a troll. You know, I'll bite. Tenjin caresses Shiori's hair and she slaps his hand away in fear. He flashbacks to the same situation of his hand being slapped by the teacher and her looking horrified. It's implied that he tried to touch her in an unwanted intimate way. Then it shows him looking into the room while the couple banged.

Dex-chan lover
Either you're in denial, blind, or a troll. You know, I'll bite. Tenjin caresses Shiori's hair and she slaps his hand away in fear. He flashbacks to the same situation of his hand being slapped by the teacher and her looking horrified. It's implied that he tried to touch her in an unwanted intimate way. Then it shows him looking into the room while the couple banged.
Sure.

Dex-chan lover
Christ I don't even know what's happening anymore. This and how My Dress-Up Darling are getting tiresome reading.

YYeah I know what you mean I get that away sometimes myself. Especially now with most of the past two chapters not focused on the main couple can leave you distracted and not focused
Not sure if it's just me but I spend the first half of each chapter trying to remember what happened in the last ones

Edit: I finished the chapter and still don't really know what's going on 🤔

Dang, best girl barely made an appearance...
Yeah I agree we should have the next chapter in a few days I think. Hopefully the next one will focus on our main couple especially with it being her birthday hopefully we get some good moments between them and I wonder what he bought for her birthday

Users who are viewing this thread