Geist x Revenant: Kusozako Mob na Ore wa, Aibou no Seirei o Bishoujo ni Shinka Sasete Saikyou ni! - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Neg

God this poor dude can not catch a break, can he? Everyone is just so shitty to him for absolutely no reason whatsoever; it's honestly a little depressing. It could just be a quirk of the machine translation on some parts of it, but for the most part, it really just seems like everyone hates him by virtue of circumstance. Because the universe literally said "fuck this guy in particular". Oof.

I wasn't entirely sure if she could be trusted or not; I was leaning towards her being vapid at first, then when she started pushing I felt that maybe she was using him. I didn't expect her to do a complete 180 bitch on him, especially when he's barely said two words to her, and doesn't actually stare at her all that much that we can see, unlike what she claimed?? Plus, it's normal for someone to try to befriend a person who... acts friendly. Like she never said to step off or anything; in fact she seemed like she was trying to make a point of hanging out with him. It could very well be clumsy writing, though; everybody hating this guy that has done literally nothing to anybody, ever, feels super contrived. I can kind of get the why a little bit; the universe is trying to generate an actual trash mob through blunt force, it seems; breaking him down so that he conforms to the narrative. Or else just assuming he would be a certain way in the first place, and the characters are hardcoded to react to him being this terrible, disgusting person when he's just... Not. But it's honestly kind of hard to look at, when you know that these characters are supposed to be the "good guys", and they're just... Like That. Eugh.

That said, after binge-reading this, I kind of want to see where all of this is going. It obviously has a positive ultimate outcome, or the series would not be named the way that it is. It's just... a little painful to get through. (Machine translation isn't helping very much, when important sound effects and even small segments of actual dialogue get skipped over bc the applied statistics couldn't parse it as actual text. Hopefully someday we'll see something cleaner. I wouldn't be surprised if this picked up an anime in a few years' time, in spite of its incredibly silly name.)

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to think he only came this far up because he had some sort of backup plan in case he has to fend for himself. But knowing the author writes retarded villain characters, maybe he also writes a retarded protagonist. I guess I will find out next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
From what I saw of people's reaction to him getting tricked, I guess no one really noticed one of her geist's skills is "seduction".

I'm guessing she used it to convince him to go further, since he was being cautious for every other bit on top of his wanting to get stronger in a safer way than this whole excursion was. Especially with a wiki that let's you know how dangerous the higher floors are, only using it to move safely for her is highly suspicious.

Like with the new game+ area, he only went in because he knew of an exploit and didn't go for any other reward in there that could be blocked by a higher potential to insta kill him.

Dex-chan lover
God this poor dude can not catch a break, can he? Everyone is just so shitty to him for absolutely no reason whatsoever; it's honestly a little depressing. It could just be a quirk of the machine translation on some parts of it, but for the most part, it really just seems like everyone hates him by virtue of circumstance. Because the universe literally said "fuck this guy in particular". Oof.

I wasn't entirely sure if she could be trusted or not; I was leaning towards her being vapid at first, then when she started pushing I felt that maybe she was using him. I didn't expect her to do a complete 180 bitch on him, especially when he's barely said two words to her, and doesn't actually stare at her all that much that we can see, unlike what she claimed?? Plus, it's normal for someone to try to befriend a person who... acts friendly. Like she never said to step off or anything; in fact she seemed like she was trying to make a point of hanging out with him. It could very well be clumsy writing, though; everybody hating this guy that has done literally nothing to anybody, ever, feels super contrived. I can kind of get the why a little bit; the universe is trying to generate an actual trash mob through blunt force, it seems; breaking him down so that he conforms to the narrative. Or else just assuming he would be a certain way in the first place, and the characters are hardcoded to react to him being this terrible, disgusting person when he's just... Not. But it's honestly kind of hard to look at, when you know that these characters are supposed to be the "good guys", and they're just... Like That. Eugh.

That said, after binge-reading this, I kind of want to see where all of this is going. It obviously has a positive ultimate outcome, or the series would not be named the way that it is. It's just... a little painful to get through. (Machine translation isn't helping very much, when important sound effects and even small segments of actual dialogue get skipped over bc the applied statistics couldn't parse it as actual text. Hopefully someday we'll see something cleaner. I wouldn't be surprised if this picked up an anime in a few years' time, in spite of its incredibly silly name.)
I was 50/50 of her at first, then 80% at her hiding behind the corner, the full on 100% sure she was also gonna be against him when I saw the "Darkness" element skill and the "seduction".

And she definitely used it to convince him to go up higher that easily. He wasn't simping on her to be convinced that easily otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
When you think with your "head" rather than your head.

And as much as every bitches about "how could he have fallen to this?", lets not kid yourselves, you all know you would have done the same as him.

Dex-chan lover
The main characters of that supposed game are really unlikable, which is strange. I don't think it would be popular if it were released in the real world. Maybe that game was a failure? Imagine playing a Final Fantasy where the main cast as a whole acts like a bully, and worse.

Well, what I want to say is: that's too much, author! You're trying too hard to make them appear as villain.

Dex-chan lover
So I just read through this today real quick and I'm a bit confused. Did he just randomly search his name and pull up a magical Wiki page for the world that can tell him exactly how things would play out?

It doesn't say anywhere that he was isekai'd or reincarnated unless I missed it.

Dex-chan lover
Actually I'm just now realizing that she probably wasn't part of his class, but that doesn't excuse him just continuing to indulge someone he barely knew.
strangers have more power then you might realize especially if there good looking cause we have no real sense on who they really are one way or the other and first impressions heavily impacts how we interact with them and the fact shes one of the main characters and he knows this really would help in this.

Dex-chan lover
She technically shouldn't be, because she's supposed to be a good guy in the original game, but for no reason at all, author decides to make her a villainess.... which I feel is sloppy writing... story doesn't need an antagonist, since it works perfectly well as a dungeon hunting slice of life....
i was about to mention how he would've somewhat knows about her personality from the wiki but thanks for the explanation

Contributor
Retarded simp should have smelled it the moment that bitch was in the team with those 2 trash, let's hope he grows from this and turns darker with the intent to kill them for real.

2c0401846e003e82e5304b955c508b80.gif

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately saw it coming, from when she was first introduced, but I was hoping to be wrong. Oh well. Kinda MC's fault and kinda not at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
The MC was definitely an idiot here, but on another level this teenager just casually admitted to trying to severely injure and potentially murder a classmate. What is it with Japanese Manga casually turning popular high school (and sometimes middle school) students into psychotic homicidal maniacs or just straight up sociopaths? The only time I see this in western media is in the horror genre (or like looney tunes style comedy where everyone's immortal).

The MC was definitely an idiot here, but on another level this teenager just casually admitted to trying to severely injure and potentially murder a classmate. What is it with Japanese Manga casually turning popular high school (and sometimes middle school) students into psychotic homicidal maniacs or just straight up sociopaths? The only time I see this in western media is in the horror genre (or like looney tunes style comedy where everyone's immortal).
Probably cuz this aint real world. You dont meet psychopathic students in the school, often....but when u have a power system with freedom of use. Its basically like having the better gun

Dex-chan lover
rB2rY4h.png

POV: You're a pushover simp who still didn't learn from a whole class of assholes, has a cheat wiki but didn't even bat an eye from a supposedly-good heroine "Saintess" having a freaking [Seduction] skill from her geist,
TwcatOK.png

and still trusted said "Saintess" with lv.13 geist when you've already analyzed the difficulty of the dungeon needing high levels and multiple freshmen in a party but you continue being a pushover because a girl held your oh so manly hands

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread