Haite Kudasai, Takamine-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Let Me Give You Some Advice

Dex-chan lover
Imagine reading 20 chapters in, and still being upset that the titular Girl is indeed, still the main love interest!

I made this comment about Eri last chapter.
I was iffy on Eri at first but she seems cool. She seems like the type of person who could swing both ways

Honestly, I was expecting that Author-san would have made takamine suffer a bit longer

Wow, I didn’t expect that about the childhood friend. Don’t usually see that in manga, that’s pretty cool.

@Tamerlane
I thought the love triangle would lead to something actually akin to character growth because it would force Takamine to reevaluate how she treated her crush. Plus it would have made for karma for all the times she mentioned being into NTR.

I was hoping for that to happen as well...guess that kind of development ain't that likely after this chapter

One more chapter, and if there's still no sign of change i'll shelve this manga

Dex-chan lover
I might be really biased, because yuri is my thing.

But once that girl was presented in such a casual way I felt like something was going on.

Obviously I was in denial because last chapter she was horni on main with Hirota AND Akane, coming off as just an oblivious person with no sense of personal space. (And also, heteronormativity kicks in and tells me "this manga ain't tagged Shoujo-ai, stop deluding yourself")

I do not expect a lot more character development out of those two. If it happens it's really welcome but they already fulfilled their purpose of being that "secondary character appears to make the main jealous and force development but in the end it turns out they have another love interest" with the added spin of "You thought I was hitting on your interest but I was actually hitting on both of you"

Fed-Kun's army
bruh rival comes & goes, didnt expect yuri ship is in store

Frankly I hope we get a spin-off manga about our new couple, bcoz that will be a better story with better characters than this one.

I still think Takamine should feel bad about all she's doing, and I hope she'll realize it.

Well, this arc was a waste of time. Did Takamine learn anything ?

I was hoping a love rival would for takamine to treat him better, since the situation is pretty much harassment, verbal abuse, and blackmail all tied up in a bow of all tsun no dere. But hey, lesbian couple? Without the over exaggeration or confused reactions? All for it. They looked cute together too, a SoL conflict-less spin off of a yuri couple sounds great.

Dex-chan lover
@ScrewYouTakenUsername
That's part of what makes me so disappointed about this because she was the perfect foil to Takamine in that she was upbeat and respected MC on a level that Takamine hasn't shown to him yet, and that it seemed to be a perfect example of a much more healthy relationship. When Takamine was sarcastic and rough to him, she was teasing and loving, and showed much more skinship and feeling to him than otherwise.

Hell, it would have made for a more interesting climax if he got with the childhood friend, and as she began to realize her mistakes and how much she neglected him, leading to her reseting back to when they first met to correct her wrongs and start the story over again, amending what she had done wrong and leading to perhaps a more satisfying resolution that would weave all the parts of the story together.

But what did we get in exchange for that? A yuri couple that the story loses nothing if it wasn't there. * Resigned sigh *

@Nintendoomed89

I mean...depopulation, the increase in men who won't have families and thus will turn to more extreme measures due to increased testosterone, the lack of children compounding with an aging population leading to increased depression in the elderly and a general decrease in quality of life...?

It will solve the world hunger problem in a generation after everyone dies out, though!

It would had been really groundbreaking if the childhood friend had said:

" Oh, you thought that I liked him? Haha, no, I'm not into wimps. By the way, here is my boyfriend, Chad Thundercok-san. "

Users who are viewing this thread