Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi

What the fuck is up with these comments taking this lighthearted slice of life manga with very few chapters super seriously? This isn’t real and we know almost nothing about the overall situation. At least wait for it to go somewhere before freaking out and calling the characters cucks and whores. It seems so odd to me that people have such strong feelings over this when so little has happened.

What the fuck is up with these comments taking this lighthearted slice of life manga with very few chapters super seriously? This isn’t real and we know almost nothing about the overall situation. At least wait for it to go somewhere before freaking out and calling the characters cucks and whores. It seems so odd to me that people have such strong feelings over this when so little has happened.
people with that kind of brainrot inevitably end up doing stuff like this unfortunately. I encourage everyone who’s unironically enraged by this manga to take a good long break from the internet

Dex-chan lover
The daughter is 14, apparently.

Realistically, she'd be doing it because she remembered the man is a pushover, so if she just shows up ready to stay, he won't turn her away. Lo and behold, that's exactly what happened. These are parasites.
so what if she's 14 not like exes hooking up is not a thing think about it they broke up 17 years ago not they did not speak to each other for 17 years

Double-page supporter
I wished the plot was like the MC and the girl starting to get "romantical" and "cute" then suddenly she like "Oh my husband came back from a work trip" and then the couple started raw dogging each other in front of the MC.

Then the happy ending is the family lives together in his house, eating his food and having loud intercourse every night and the MC pays for everything.

True provider fantasy for the MC.
Lmao welp she is that kind of woman so it will happen 😂

Group Leader
It's just the end state of generations of societal decay. Hopefully this is the last. Natural selection can only be ignored for so long.
To be fair, I really just wish people stick to discussing the manga, instead of trying to connect it as a real world issue. Because in the end, the manga itself is just a fictional work. However, I do wonder what type of target audience the author was aiming (especially with this peculiar premise). It says seinen on the tag, but I genuinely doubt adult manga readers are ignorant enough to get pass through the premise and just simply focusing on the "cute and wholesome" part of it.

Dex-chan lover
He will, don't worry. No it is not a spoiler - I know this is the author's wish fulfillment.
Then it’s going to make an anime adaptation in a year. Want to bet which poor studio will be asked to adapt this :02:

Now that you mention that. Only until recently divorced moms are allowed to unilaterally take their kids away from their husbands (or vice versa) and apply to the Japanese court for full custody as fiat Accompli. That means the other poor parent won’t ever get to see their children for 17 years if their partner suddenly disappeared with their children. Outside of Japan this is legally called abduction.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I bookmark a few manga like this to enjoy the comment section :)
But seriously though, 4-koma often have over-the-top setup to quickly jump into the meat. I, too, find the personality of the female casts are hard to stomach, but this is only chapter 2, so how about lower your pitchforks? I can share my trash list too if anyone wanna have their eyes bleached in the mean time.
I think we can get along well give me the LIST!!

This feels so weird to read, for a regular person this is kinda' fucked up 'cause you know 17 years ago you were dating her then now she shows up with a daughter to live in your house temporarily

is this a "this is your daughter"
beta cuck "i have a husband, we are literally just using you" route
or beta cuck "my husband is dead or was a terrible father" route

is this story about slowly getting back together or acceptance despite the circumstances? I wanna' see how this plays out but definitely weird

I'm not defending the mom (she very obviously has some screws loose and MC seems to know that), I just think it's wild how people will immediately call a woman trash and a bitch before we've really gotten.... Anything? Like, we have the premise and virtually nothing else about a massive air head character and the incels are already screaming bloody murder and calling MC an idiotic cuck for helping a woman who's apparently down on her luck.

I 100% think if the genders of all the characters were reversed, we might get some femcels raging in the comments, but 1) there wouldn't be nearly as many comments or as much interest in general and 2) most of the comments from the community would be something like "he's such a deadbeat lol that's so funny!" or "wow, she's so kind to be taking in her old ex and his son." Instead it's sluts, bitches, ungratefulness, and cuckoldry.

I usually like the manga I come to the comments and get in fights for. I don't know if I'll keep up with this manga yet as it's still pretty early, but it just had that aura to it that let me know exactly who I'd find here and know what they'd be saying and in what tone they'd be saying it. I'm not saying you have to like this manga or approve of the mom character (I mean, I don't), but when someone (who doesn't even care about the source material) knows exactly who you are and why you're going to be here, maybe it's time to re-examine your mental/emotional state and why you feel and think the way you do.

But hey, I'm not much different. I came here knowing what I'd find and now I'm just shouting at the internet void.
not to be rude but your view on "femcels" and men who would read this if the genres were reversed is naive, majority here are men so of course in this case it would have more comments but you are being too soft on the mom or rather it's not all about the mom but the mc is some pushover who never got over the woman.

Dex-chan lover
Then it’s going to make an anime adaptation in a year. Want to bet which poor studio will be asked to adapt this :02:

Now that you mention that. Only until recently divorced moms are allowed to unilaterally take their kids away from their husbands (or vice versa) and apply to the Japanese court for full custody as fiat Accompli. That means the other poor parent won’t ever get to see their children for 17 years if their partner suddenly disappeared with their children. Outside of Japan this is legally called abduction.
That poor studio will be raking in lots of yen and euro because of the fantasy it drives. Poor studio suffering from exploding riches.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, I really just wish people stick to discussing the manga, instead of trying to connect it as a real world issue. Because in the end, the manga itself is just a fictional work. However, I do wonder what type of target audience the author was aiming (especially with this peculiar premise). It says seinen on the tag, but I genuinely doubt adult manga readers are ignorant enough to get pass through the premise and just simply focusing on the "cute and wholesome" part of it.
fiction sits atop a baseline of reality. and taking care of someone elses kid is something that pisses a lot of people off. i think its totally fine to not like this manga because of it

Dex-chan lover
fiction sits atop a baseline of reality. and taking care of someone elses kid is something that pisses a lot of people off. i think its totally fine to not like this manga because of it
I hate taking off kids from chucked girlfriends. Real. It's not the kids fault but it's a great SACRIFICE.

Users who are viewing this thread